Licensed Veterinary Technician NYC
Veterinary Emergency Group
New York City, New York
Expiry Date :
Fri, 05 Feb 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Licensed Veterinary Technician
Veterinary Emergency Group is currently hiring Licensed (or license eligible) Veterinary Technicians for an emergency hospital and urgent care in Upper East Side, Manhattan. We are a 24-hour hospital and currently have openings for full-time, part-time, and per diem positions.
We believe in transparency, compassion, teamwork, and positive motivation across the board! Our focus is on helping people with their pets. Our mission is to find the right team members to facilitate this focus at all times. Come join our team where you are allowed and able to focus on your job while we focus on helping you do so in the best way possible!
Responsibilities to include but, not limited to:
* Provide excellent customer service in person and over the phone
* Knowledge and ability to recognize medical emergencies and illnesses
* Assessing patients
* Recording vitals and assisting doctors with diagnostics,
* Completing all treatments as instructed by the doctor
* Basic husbandry and nursing care
* Monitoring all changes in patients and giving them all the compassionate care they deserve.
* Taking blood
* Placing catheters
* Assisting in and facilitating radiography capture
* Preparing samples for outside reference labs
* Running in-house lab work
* Preparing medications
* Administering medications
* Any other field rel
The ideal candidate will:
* Be able to follow verbal written and electronic instructions
* Have a minimum of 2 years experience
* Be able to work well in a fast-paced environment with all personality types
* Have the ability to learn Vetspire, Instinct, and other computer programs.
* Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Why VEG: Emergency is our thing. It’s all we do. We offer:
* Industry-leading compensation
* Health Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* 401 w/ company match
* Unlimited CE (emergency-focus)