Life Sciences Patent Law Clerk
Washington, District of Columbia
Expiry Date :
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a full-time Life Sciences Patent Law Clerk to join their team. The Patent Law Clerk will be directly supervised by an attorney and get individualized patent law training. Ideal candidates will be organized, detail-oriented and able to follow up on instructions independently. Benefits include a competitive salary and a tuition reimbursement program when applicable.
Please be prepared to send a cover letter, resume, school transcripts (please include each school), and writing sample if selected for next steps.
* Preparing and filing new patent applications and other patent prosecution documents.
* Conducting client technology and patent portfolio assessments.
* Supporting business development.
* Managing large domestic and foreign dockets.
* Ph.D. and significant graduate level experience.
* Broad training in the biological sciences are sought, with expertise in plant biology, biochemistry, genetics, chemistry, microbiology, entomology, immunology or chemical engineering highly preferred.
* Research experience or training in RNA silencing, genome editing, nucleic acids chemistry, microbiomes, quantitative genetics, process and reactor design, separation technologies, thermodynamics and kinetics is desirable.
* Excellent academic credentials and references.
* Law school or prior legal training or enrollment in law school is not required.
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively working in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.