Lithium Market Data Scientist
Charlotte, North Carolina
Expiry Date :
Mon, 16 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Are you inspired by whats next? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the worlds largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve peoples lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Lithium Market Data Scientist
is a key role in the Lithium Data Science team.
In this role, you will leverage your expertise in market dynamics, technology innovation, data science, visualization, forecasting, and scenario testing to guide Albemarle product, research, & investment planning. You will create models and analytics to answer strategic questions. You will support leaders across Product Management, Sales, R & D, Manufacturing, & Finance with tools to compare scenarios, understand risk, and make decisions.
This role includes, but is not limited to the following duties:
– Facilitate strategic decision-making by applying quantitative methods such as machine learning/statistics and fundamental modeling (e.g. chemistry, physics, economics, etc)
– Work on a team to create comprehensive and linked models that identify, analyze, and forecast key metrics across the lithium supply chain
– Develop scenarios of lithium market dynamics and technology innovation that influence commercial strategy and R & D prioritization
– Communicate insights and recommendations clearly and visually through presentations and interactive tools
– Work with an array of complex and unstructured internal and external data sources
– Create applications for the Lithium Data Science Suite that demonstrate full stack data science skills
MS/PhD in Engineering, Science, Economics, Mathematics/Statistics, or related
Strong BS candidates will also be considered
– 3+ years of market research, business intelligence or analysis experience (industry, research, consulting, etc)
– 3+ years data science, modeling, or programming (Python, Matlab, R, C++, SQL, Java, etc)
– 3+ years data visualization (Plotly, Power BI, Tableau, Matplotlib, etc)
– Experience using data to make strategic recommendations and inform decisions
– A demonstrated ability to communicate findings in a clear and concise manner
– Working on a team, including co-development of models and results
– Forecasting market dynamics and/or technology innovation
– Evaluating project economics and optimizing investment decisions
– Physics-based or fundamental modeling approaches
– Statistical and machine learning methods
– Intermediate or greater Python experience
– Market research/intelligence
– Intermediate or greater Plotly or Dash experience
– Database/Cloud (Databricks, Spark, Microsoft SQL, SAP HANA, Microsoft Cloud)
– Version-control (GitHub, etc)
– Domain expertise in lithium, chemical engineering, resource economics, energy storage, automotive, or supply chain
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.