Machine Learning Researcher
Expiry Date :
Sat, 12 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
STR is seeking a Machine Learning Researcher to be part of a multidisciplinary team of researchers and engineers dedicated to developing cutting-edge technologies with significant and immediate impact on our national security. We believe that each employee has a unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives that are essential to providing our customers with innovative solutions.
We are seeking a ML Researcher with versatile skills in applied mathematics, graph analytics, probabilistic methods and/or modern machine learning technologies to help us advance the state of the art.
The ideal Machine Learning Researcher will be curious and motivated to work within a team structure to develop technical solutions in a rapid prototyping and results-driven environment. Our culture enables us to develop impactful technologies through collaborative teamwork, while maintaining high standards of craftsmanship and quality.
We encourage candidates who excel in researching the academic literature to identify, reduce to practice, and extend emerging and novel solutions. Strong candidates are proficient with programming in at least one high-level programming language (e.g., Python and/or MATLAB) for building models and algorithmic technologies in support of experimentation and development. The development of these models and technologies is highly benefited by both sophisticated theoretical understanding of applied math topics such as graph theory, probabilistic models and optimization as well as by hands-on experience with implementing techniques for signal processing, graphical models, and machine learning.
We expect the tools and techniques we develop and deliver to meet high standards of quality, maintainability, and reuse. Therefore, experience with sound software engineering principles and software unit test methodologies is valuable.
Duties will include:
* Identify promising algorithmic approaches to open ended problems
* Work in / lead small research teams to develop machine learning architectures and models for novel applications
* Implement solutions in Python, PyTorch/TensorFlow, and/or MATLAB
* Deliver high-quality software in a team environment
* Communicate technical ideas and implementations through reports and presentations
* Ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance
* BS, MS, or PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
* Proficiency in Python/PyTorch/TensorFlow/MATLAB
* Experience architecting, training, and testing machine learning solutions
* Experience developing and giving technical presentations
Desired Skills and Experience
* Active Security Clearance
* Experience developing research concepts from proposal through implementation and transition
* Familiarity with software build and scripting tools
* Understanding of signal processing, communication theory, or information theory
* Experience using collaborative source code management tools (Git, Subversion)
STR is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We’re not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can’t do it alone, though – we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at and provide your name, phone number and email address.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws