Mammalian cell culture scientist
South San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
RemeGen Biosciences is a biopharmaceutical company, focusing on the discovery and development of innovative biologics for the treatment of cancers, autoimmune and ophthalmic diseases, based in South San Francisco, California, and Rockville, Maryland. By leveraging our deep insights into oncology and immunology, advanced protein engineering/design technologies, and extensive knowledge in clinical development, our vision is to uncover the novel therapeutic targets and develop the best-in-class and first-in-class biotherapeutics for the patients with significant unmet medical needs. RemeGen Bioscience is a wholly owned subsidiary of RemeGen, a global pharmaceutic company specialized in autoimmune, oncology and ophthalmic diseases.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced talent to join our mammalian cell culture group in our South San Francisco office. You will be joining a multidisciplinary team to develop novel therapeutic molecules including antibody and multi-specificity modality. The desired candidate will be working both independently and with cross-function teams.
* Hands-on cell line generation and maintenance, expression optimization and protein production work using various mammalian expression systems.
* Express recombinant constructs including antibody and fusion protein using various mammalian cell hosts and perform small (~ml) to mid-scale (~L) protein production runs using various platforms. Analyze harvested culture media by SDS-PAGE, Western blot, Octet, etc, to determine secretory titer and protein product quality
* Strong interpersonal skills and a team player committed to success and getting the job done well in a highly dynamic environment.
* Maintain data entry and record keeping.
* Participate in team initiatives and always remain open to learning new skills.
* MS or Bachelor in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or related fields. 3+ years relevant experience in an industry setting.
* Solid Scientific and technical expertise in transient and stable mammalian cell protein expression including HEK293 and CHO cells.
* Strong knowledge and experience of expression strategies for antibodies, proteins, and bispecific complex molecules.
* Proficiency in molecular cloning, cell assay and biochemical analysis.
* Experience with Wave Bioreactor is a plus. Expertise in cell line development and optimization is highly desired.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills.
* Ability to work in fast paced environment and make contributions to multiple projects.
* Attention to details, self-motivated, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Authorized to work legally in the United States without sponsorship from employer