Manager: Molecular and Cell Biology
Eurofins USA BioPharma Services
Expiry Date :
Thu, 15 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
The Department Manager is responsible for the overall operations of a specific laboratory area. These responsibilities include but are not limited to meeting client satisfaction goals, managing the human resources within the department, and ensuring health and safety and quality assurance plan compliance. Serves as a technical resource to department employees, as well as Project Managers, sales personnel, and clients. Make recommendations to laboratory management in regard to process improvements.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
* Oversee development and validation activities for cell and molecular methodologies
* Ensure that the quality policy program is understood, implemented, and maintained at all levels of the organization; identify, prevent, or correct any departures from the quality system
* Manage scheduling of personnel; evaluate personnel performance
* Participate in interview process, make recommendations for new hires; train and develop staff
* Review, prepare, and approve methods, data, and SOPs
* Communicate with clients on technical matters; meet with clients to discuss operations and conduct tours and audits
* Investigate and solve laboratory problems as needed
* Perform all functions in support of and in compliance with all state and federal employment regulations
* Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations
* Foster morale and teamwork
* Develops and monitors group analysis schedules based on current and projected workloads and staffing.
* Reviews and interprets results from samples analyzed, making recommendations on data acceptability when needed.
* With Quality Control, determines acceptable corrective actions for the nonconformance occurring within his/her group.
* Initiates improvements to procedures process, work methods, equipment performance and quality of service.
* Responsible for upholding and enforcing Company policies, including but not limited to, Quality, Safety, Standard Operating Procedures, Ethics, and Harassment.
* Communicates department issues and provides status reports to Laboratory Director and Project Managers
* Recommends process improvements to improve efficiency.
* Responsible for controlling costs within the group
* Expected to champion Health & Safety and assume ownership for the safety of those employees within her/his responsibility.
* Participates in subordinates career planning process, evaluations, and training. Initiates actions leading to their professional development (targeted training, temporary job assignments, etc.)
Recommends or initiates personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, bonus distribution, disciplinary measures or termination actions.