Manager, Software Quality Assurance
Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI)
Expiry Date :
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) [ is a fast-paced, growing, high technology company, headquartered in Medina, Minnesota. As a world leader in the Operations Technology (OT) field, OSI develops and supplies state-of-the-art energy management, optimization and control software solutions to energy utility companies worldwide.
We currently have an opening for Manager, Software Quality Assurance. In this position, you will lead all testing efforts across development teams with a drive to utilize QA technology standards including processes, frameworks and tools to promote automation efforts and continuously transition to a CI / CD framework. The scope of this role is broad and requires experience with Mobile and Web applications, as well as company back-end integrations. Specific on-the-job training will be provided. As Manager, Software Quality Assurance, your responsibilities will include:
* Facilitate all aspects of software testing efforts across development teams: regression testing, interface testing, performance testing, UAT, etc.
* Apply advanced technical expertise to ensure that QA testing is well defined, planned and successfully executed.
* Serve as the lead resource in key domains and systems on QA techniques, tool sets and testing; facilitate and oversee the QA work including test plan development, complex testing and reporting on medium to large-sized projects.
* Actively participate in release / project meetings with business users and development team members to coordinate the creation of end-to-end test plans.
* Hold and facilitate test plan / case reviews with cross-functional team members; solicit input and adjust testing strategy accordingly.
* Develop governance standards for QA organization and publish metrics for continuous improvement to development leadership team.
* Continuously look for process improvements and new tools to increase efficiency and productivity of QA team
* Ensure the adoption of industry leading QA technologies as new standards, procedures, approaches and tools emerge; and ensure the QA team follows established norms.
* Lead and direct the design, development, and implementation of test automation architecture and framework.
* Conduct audits to measure and ensure adherence to established QA standards for SDLC processes.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
* 7 to 9 years of QA experience, including at least 5 years of hands-on testing and 3 years in technical leadership positions.
* Deep knowledge of QA concepts and methodology.
* Experience designing and building automation frameworks, test infrastructure and tools.
* Knowledge of automated testing practices and tools.
* Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment.
* Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results.
* Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
* Strong understanding of Agile/scrum methodologies.
OSI offers a comprehensive benefit package to our full-time regular employees. Benefits include health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, profit sharing and a generous amount of paid time off and paid holidays. Additional perks include flexible work hours, employee events, fitness discounts, casual dress code, exciting travel opportunities, employee referral bonus programs, and more. Check out our Life at OSI [ Facebook page to see more.
As an employee of OSI you will have access to cutting edge technologies in a fun, professional, positive and dynamic work environment. We have excellent opportunities for growth and development.
Discover your future. Discover OSI [