Manufacturing & Quality Control Engineer
San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Fri, 11 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Miroculus is looking for a motivated and talented Manufacturing & Quality Control Engineer to play an essential role in the timely delivery of quality consumables that continually improve in reliability, functionality and cost. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with functional groups such as Product Development, Manufacturing as well as external partners for components and cartridge assembly. This position reports to the Supervisor, Cartridge Manufacturing.
At Miroculus our mission is to advance science and improve lives faster, together.
Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and miniaturize the most complex genomic protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, genome editing, and combinatorial chemistry in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere.
* Ensure cartridge assemblies conform to specifications and meet or exceed performance requirements
* Implement continuous improvements in cartridge manufacturing and test procedures to meet quality and cost objectives
* Identify and prioritize need for enhancements in product design, work instructions, SOPs and manage them from development through implementation
* Support technical transfer of cartridge assembly to contract manufacturer
* Drive automation, cost reduction projects and CAPA implementations at contract manufacturer during scale up and cost reduction
* Analyze customer feedback to identify any performance issues and develop corrective action plans
* Maintain version control of all engineering documents for instruments, manage tech transfer to suppliers and implement engineering change orders
* Create and document process procedures
* Build, document and execute quality testing procedures
* Provide engineering support for assigned projects
* Participate in vendor qualification, audit and selection process
* Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
* 3+ years of experience in Design, Manufacturing or Quality Assurance for plastic consumables
* Familiarity with plastic manufacturing processes such as laser welding, plasma treating, coating, leak testing and ISO 13485 requirements
* Practical knowledge of Quality Management Systems
* The ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and quickly resolve quality problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
* Flexible and proactive to work successfully in a startup environment
* Solid organizational skills, ability to work and interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with interpersonal skills to partner, collaborate and build relationships with business partners and suppliers globally
* Able to travel nationally and internationally to visit suppliers and service providers like 3PLs
* Demonstrate Miroculus core values of solidarity, humility and commitment
* Background in a biotech or medical device company preferred
We offer a rich package of benefits including, medical, dental and vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Commuter Benefits, 401-k plan, Unlimited Vacation, Sick Time and Paid Holidays.
Miroculus believes that diversity is a competitive advantage, that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, body size or shape, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.