Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Village Scene Trailer Park, Pennsylvania
Expiry Date :
Mon, 14 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Responsible for ensuring that Brooks design and manufacturing processes are performed correctly using the appropriate tools, materials, and processes. Responsible for quality control activities including planning, development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for manufacturing finished product. This individual must be self-directed, highly motivated, and organized with strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills. They must also possess the ability to work on multiple activities simultaneously in a cross functional team environment with a focus on customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PERFORMS QUALITY ENGINEERING FUNCTIONS, QUALITY AUDITS AND SETS QUALITY STANDARDS FOR BOTH IN-PROCESS AND FINISHED PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS.
* Participate in the maintenance of ISO 9001 documentation, perform internal quality system audits to identify and correct deficiencies or non-conformances, and provide Quality Certificate support as needed.
* Develop sampling plans, design forms for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data, and write instructions on the use of such forms.
* Participate in the review of customer documentation to identify and ensure fulfillment of customer requirements (i.e. copy exact).
* Participate in the review of design, manufacturing, and test documentation to ensure that applicable system and contract quality requirements are met.
* Initiate plans, procedures, and/or actions to prevent/eliminate product and systemic quality problems.
* Prepare slides for regular Quality review meetings. Participate in regular quality improvement meetings.
* Develop and administer department quality information, including the auditing of quality plans to permit identification and correction of deficiencies.
* Verify and approve all department operation instructions and provide the necessary support for a complete understanding of the operation instructions and their application.
* Participate in customer visits, surveys, and audits.
* Coordinate and evaluate annual product validations.
COORDINATE THE TIMELY RESOLUTION OF CUSTOMER QUALITY ISSUES AND RESPONSE TO CUSTOMERS.
* Analyze customer complaints and field failures. Coordinate corrective action (8D), follow-up, and reporting. Support customer update meetings.
* Track and follow-up corrective and preventive action (CAPA), customer complaint (CC), failure analysis (FA) and similar cases in Trackwise.
* Perform project-specific tasks as required (e.g., customer required first article inspection, qualification test failure analysis, etc.) to ensure compliance to individual project requirements.
DRIVE AND/OR SUPPORT RESOLUTION OF INTERNAL/EXTERNAL QUALITY ISSUES BY INTERFACING WITH CROSS FUNCTIONAL TEAM MEMBERS; PRODUCTION, ENGINEERING, OTHER TEAMS AS NEEDED.
* Assist in the resolution of supplier quality problems as needed.
* Initiate engineering deviation requests and product change notices.
DATA COLLECTION, ANALYSIS, AND REPORTS TO UNDERSTAND/IMPROVE OPERATIONAL & QUALITY PERFORMANCE, AND TO REDUCE THE COST OF POOR QUALITY.
* Develop/monitor first pass yield reports, scrap reports, and process audit reports.
* Employ statistical process controls and techniques to reduce scrap/rework and to drive continuous improvement.
* Ensure quality cost concepts are understood and executed.
* Perform analysis of data, using SPC techniques, charts, pareto, histograms, etc.
* Prepare and present analysis results/charts in Power-point/presentation format.
* Write queries and prepare reports from Trackwise data.
* Maintain and collect data for tracking various Operational and Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Disposition discrepant material in a manner that ensures product quality and adherence to system requirements.
* Determine that manufacturing processes and equipment have enough capability to meet customer quality requirements by analyzing capability studies, control charts, and other statistical data.
PARTICIPATE IN AND/OR DRIVE CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT INITIATIVES.
* Reports on complex quality analyses, product or process non-conformance issues, and recommends and/or implements necessary corrective actions and procedure changes.
* Support company continuous improvement initiatives, particularly as related to product quality.
QUALITY REPRESENTATIVE IN THE CROSS FUNCTIONAL TEAM RESPONSIBLE FOR NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT.
IN LINE WITH BROOKS ZERO ACCIDENT SAFETY POLICY, MAINTAIN AND ENHANCE DEPARTMENT SAFETY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.