Market Research Associate
Newport Beach, California
Expiry Date :
Tue, 06 Jul 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Green Street provides preeminent and actionable commercial real estate research, news, data, analytics, and advisory services in the U.S. and Europe. For more than 35 years, Green Street has delivered unparalleled intelligence and trusted data on the public and private real estate markets, helping investors, banks, lenders, and other industry participants optimize investment and strategic decisions. The firm delivers exclusive market information, conclusion-driven insights, and predictive analytics through a SaaS platform.
The success of Green Street is directly attributable to the strength of our people. We attract high-quality applicants due to our reputation for excellence and our commitment to train and retain talent. Our collaborative work environment provides team members with opportunities to develop professionally and play a central role from day one. At Green Street, we are all about providing unique insights. A diverse and inclusive work environment where top talent can thrive, think freely and offer different perspectives makes our insights even stronger. Were building a company culture where differences in gender, race, age, religion, ethnicity, identity, physical ability and perspectives are celebrated and valued.
Green Street seeks highly motivated candidates with relevant work experience and superior academic credentials to join its Real Estate Analytics team. Green Streets Real Estate Analytics team offers the unique opportunity to help develop a new product line within an acclaimed research group. This role will begin in June 2021.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Preparing and publishing a wide range of macroeconomic and market-focused reports
* Building and maintaining complex financial databases
* Collecting and organizing real estate information on markets and submarkets throughout the United States
* Demonstrating strong industry knowledge and business judgment
* Closely following and understanding real estate market activity
* Understanding the implications and impact of news events and economic forces on specific sectors, markets, and assets
* Analyzing diverse data to from a cohesive macroeconomic outlook
* Demonstrating resourcefulness by seeking out new and unusual sources of information
* Becoming a FINRA registered representative, by taking regulatory exams
In addition to a strong work ethic and motivation to learn, the Associate position requires the following skills: meticulous attention to detail, strong financial data analysis skills, exceptional communication abilities (both written and verbal), high-level of organization, creativity and resourcefulness. Strong analytical skills and a background in finance are required. The ideal candidate will have:
* Undergraduate with an expected graduation date of December 2020 June 2021 with a focus in business and/or finance
* 1-2 years experience in publicly traded real estate securities, general securities, capital markets, or conducting financial/economic research; investment banking experience a plus
* Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale at an accredited college or university
* Experience and/or working knowledge in publicly traded real estate securities, general securities, capital markets, or conducting financial/economic research; investment banking experience a plus
* The ability to multi-task effectively while maintaining accuracy
* Strong attention to detail and commitment to data integrity
* Must enjoy problem solving and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Expert Excel skills with VBA programming experience a plus
* Familiarity with R, SAS, or other statistical packages/programs or coding skills in SQL, Python or other database/programming applications a plus
* Interest in or currently pursuing the CFA designation
Working Conditions: The Market Research Associate will work indoors in an air-conditioned office building and must be able to remain stationary at a desk and computer for a majority of the day.