Medical Device Sales Representative (Territory Manager), Energy
Olympus Corporation of the Americas
Long Island, New York
Expiry Date :
Tue, 06 Jul 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
WORKING LOCATION: NEW YORK, LONG ISLAND; NEW YORK, BROOKLYN; NEW YORK, QUEENS; NEW YORK, STATEN ISLAND
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
LET’S INSPIRE HEALTHIER LIVES, TOGETHER.
The Territory Manager, Energy directs sales of the company’s capital and disposable products. The incumbent calls on, and is responsive to, existing and prospective customers, in order to solve customer problems and challenges, while enhancing long term customer relationships. He/She develops new accounts and grows existing accounts within established geographic territory, and meets assigned sales targets. The incumbent responds to requests for information and data from sales management and corporate administration. He/She works within boundaries of all corporate policies and guidelines.
As a Territory Manager working on the team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will contribute to our mission by sales, support and service.
* Meeting or exceeding established territory sales goals.
* Organizing and planning territory for efficient and productive coverage by own initiatives as well as by utilization of company’s sales related business tools.
* Routinely spending a significant amount of time selling and servicing in the operating room during procedures; typically call upon customers in the acute care setting.
* Utilizing consultative sales skills to sell company products within an assigned territory.
* Effectively utilizing company resources and manage time within all accounts to meet and exceed sales targets.
* Following up with customers during pre and post sales efforts to ensure proper customer company relationships.
* Maintaining a complete prospect, competitor, and customer database and provide information to management as requested.
* Acquiring, maintaining and expanding knowledge of company’s products, competitive products, and the market in order to meet the customers needs as well as achieve assigned sales targets.
* Representing company at trade association meetings to promote products and meet with key customers relative to progressing sales and associated business goals.
* Utilizing and maintaining field inventory and other company assets for optimum sales results.
* Completing all administrative duties in a timely fashion and to the appropriate level of detail.
* Providing Marketing with technical and market information gathered through customer contacts.
* Gathering data for new and existing products to help Marketing satisfy market needs.
* Reporting customer product experience issues through appropriate channels in an accurate and timely manner.
* Performing all other essential duties as required.
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent knowledge.
* Minimum of 2 years of prior sales or marketing experience is required.
* Prior sales or marketing experience with medical devices or within a hospital medical environment is highly preferred.
* Proven track record of success.
* Must possess a high sense of urgency and strong work ethic.
* Must possess basic computer skills, as well as strong communication (verbal & written), interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Must possess a high degree of initiative and creativity and the ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to lift and carry heavy equipment (minimum 25 lb).
WE REALIZE WORK ISN’T JUST A JOB TO YOU.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks – so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus’ Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus’ Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit .
OLYMPUS…TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY. TRUE TO LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || New York (US-NY) || Long Island ||