Medical Lab Assistant
Expiry Date :
Wed, 30 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We Are Hiring:
Monday-Friday 1:00 pm – 9:30 pm, days variable
Every other Saturday 7:00 am -3:30 pm
What You Will Do:
Perform specimen processing and clerical functions in one or more sections of the laboratory.
* Assist with receiving, identifying, accessioning, processing and transporting specimens.
* Keep work area in a safe, aseptic and organized manner.
* Fulfill clerical duties which may include but are not limited to answering phones, data entry, and filing.
* Process specimens and perform record keeping duties as required by department.
* Maintain equipment and perform materials management duties such as keeping supply inventories at optimum levels and transporting specimens, equipment and supplies.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) preferred.
* High school diploma or GED required.
Prior laboratory experience preferred. Associates Degree in Science or higher preferred. Foundational knowledge of human anatomy and medical terminology preferred.
Why Join Our Team:
For more than 125 years, Ascension Via Christi has been providing caregivers rewarding careers. As the largest provider of health services in Kansas, Ascension Via Christi offers competitive pay and benefits, professional and personal training and development and an innovative work environment. We aim to care for our associates so they can focus on providing compassionate, personalized care to our patients, with special attention to those most in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Via Christi is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement [
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.