Medical Lab Assistant -Chemistry/Hematology
Expiry Date :
Tue, 22 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We Are Hiring:
ASCENSION ST. VINCENT’S RIVERSIDE HOSPITAL IS HIRING A MEDICAL LAB ASSISTANT FOR OUR CHEMISTRY AND HEMATOLOGY DEPARTMENT
SHIFT: PRN, DAYS
* LAB PROCESSING EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
Ascension Florida and Gulf Coast includes Ascension Providence in Mobile, Alabama, Ascension Sacred Heart based in Pensacola, Florida, and Ascension St. Vincents based in Jacksonville, Florida. Ascension Florida and Gulf Coast operates nine hospitals and more than 100 other sites of care, employing more than 13,000 associates. Across the region, Ascension Providence, Ascension Sacred Heart and Ascension St. Vincents have served North Florida and South Alabama communities for more than 165 years.
In fiscal year 2020, Ascension Florida and Gulf Coast provided more than $237 million in community benefit and care for persons living in poverty. Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
Nationally, Ascension operates more than 2,600 sites of care including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 19 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascensions own group purchasing organization
What You Will Do:
Perform advanced specimen processing and clerical functions in one or more sections of the laboratory. May collect specimens and perform waived testing under technical supervision.
* Perform receiving, record keeping, accessioning, phlebotomy, processing, and transporting of specimens.
* Conduct material management duties, orders add on tests, audits pending logs, and resolves duplicate orders.
* Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot as needed.
* Load samples on automated analyzers.
* Perform client service duties; registration, billing-related functions, training and guidance.
* Assist in pathology to include, but not limited to: pulling and filing of slides and blocks, processing pathology samples and managing and tracking send outs.
* Manage and track reference testing and result routing.
* May perform daily tasks without on-site supervision
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* Certification specializing in Phlebotomy credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) preferred.
* Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required.
* 2 years of experience required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension St. Vincent’s in Jacksonville, Florida, has been providing caregivers in every discipline a rewarding career in healthcare since 1873. Serving Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia, Ascension St. Vincent’s is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando; and is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care to all, especially to those most in need. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ministry Name is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work [