Medical Lab Scientist (MLS)
Expiry Date :
Fri, 26 Mar 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We Are Hiring:
Evening shift 4:00 p.m. -12:30 a.m., rotating weekends with the flexibility to cover other shifts if needed
What You Will Do:
Perform routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens independently.
* Perform, validate, interpret documents and report laboratory test results. May collect and process specimens.
* Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Execute and evaluate quality control and quality assurance procedures. Document and report as required by regulatory agencies.
* Understand and participate in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing; pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical. Anticipate and maintain required supplies for uninterrupted testing.
* Assist with data collection or special projects as assigned.
* Assist in documentation, evaluation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
* Assist in training and mentoring MLTs, new associates and students.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB) preferred.
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) preferred.
* Within 4 months of hire, a Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, medical laboratory scientist, human sciences or education qualifications as stated per CLIA requirements.
Why Join Our Team:
For more than 125 years, Ascension Via Christi has been providing caregivers rewarding careers. As the largest provider of health services in Kansas, Ascension Via Christi offers competitive pay and benefits, professional and personal training and development and an innovative work environment. We aim to care for our associates so they can focus on providing compassionate, personalized care to our patients, with special attention to those most in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Via Christi is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement [
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.