Medical Lab Scientist (MLS)
Expiry Date :
Sun, 13 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We Are Hiring:
WORKING SCHEDULE: NIGHTS: 11:15PM-07:15AM, SUNDAY – THURSDAY. ROTATING WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
Working for Saint Agnes Hospital is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community. We provide our team resources and tools to help you proactively manageyour physical, spiritual and emotional wellbeing.
What You Will Do:
Perform routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens independently.
* Perform, validate, interpret, document and report laboratory test results.
* May collect and process specimens.
* Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Execute and evaluate quality control and quality assurance procedures.
* Document and report as required by regulatory agencies.
* Understand and participate in all aspect of clinical laboratory testing; pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical.
* Anticipate and maintain required supplies for uninterrupted testing.
* Assist with data collection or special projects as assigned.
* Assist in documentation, evaluation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
* Assist in training and mentoring MLTs, new associates and students
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB) preferred.
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) preferred.
* Bachelors degree in medical technology, medical laboratory scientist, human sciences or education qualifications as stated per CLIA requirements required.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology
1 year laboratory experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team:
Serving the greater Baltimore area, Ascension Saint Agnes is recognized as an employer that provides an open, highly collaborative work environment where our workforce reflects the diversity of those we serve. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates as well as a rich learning environment and countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. As an associate, you will find rewarding career opportunities within our 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, the Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center and Saint Agnes Foundation.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Agnes is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement [
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work [