Medical Lab Scientist (MLS)
Tawas City, Michigan
Expiry Date :
Sat, 12 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We Are Hiring:
Ascension St. Joseph Hospital is adding to our team of dedicated associates. Join our team as a Medical Lan Scientist onsite at our lab at Ascension St. Joseph in Tawas, MI.This is a PRN position for coverage in high volume and vacation backfills.
Ascension St. Joseph Hospital is a non-profit healthcare system that is governed by a local board of trustees represented by residents, medical staff and sister sponsorship’s and has been providing medical care since 1953. Our 49 bed hospital is located in rural northeast Michigan serving the counties of Alcona, Arenac, Iosco, Ogemaw and Oscoda with a population of approximately 87,000 residents. Its Catholic Health Ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. A strong tourism community, Ascension St. Joseph Hospital provides primary, secondary and referral for tertiary care to more than 100,000 patients annually, including 15,000 emergency department visits.
What You Will Do:
Perform routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens independently.
* Perform, validate, interpret, document and report laboratory test results. May collect and process specimens.
* Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Execute and evaluate quality control and quality assurance procedures. Document and report as required by regulatory agencies.
* Understand and participate in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing; pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical. Anticipate and maintain required supplies for uninterrupted testing.
* Assist with data collection or special projects as assigned.
* Assist in documentation, evaluation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
* Assist in training and mentoring MLTs, new associates and students.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB) preferred.
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, medical laboratory scientist, human sciences or education qualifications as stated per CLIA requirements.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension St. Joseph is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.