Medical Lab Scientist (MLS)
Expiry Date :
Sun, 27 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We Are Hiring:
Medical Lab Scientist- Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital- Pensacola, FL
Shift: Part Time
What You Will Do:
Perform routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens independently.
* Perform, validate, interpret, document and report laboratory test results.
* May collect and processspecimens.
* Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Execute and evaluates quality control and quality assurance procedures.
* Document and report as required by regulatory agencies.
* Understand and participate in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing; pre-analytical, analytical,and post-analytical.
* Anticipate and maintain required supplies for uninterrupted testing.
* Assist with data collection or special projects as assigned.
* Assist in documentation, evaluation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staffstatistics/reports.
* Assist in training and mentoring MLTs, new associates and students.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* One or more of the following required:
* Clinical Laboratory Technologist credentialed from the Florida Board of Clinical LaboratoryPersonnel obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Clinical Laboratory Supervisor credentialed from the Florida Board of Clinical LaboratoryPersonnel obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board ofCertification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board ofCertification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) preferred.
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB) preferred.
* Bachelors degree in medical technology, medical laboratory scientist, human sciences or educationqualifications as stated per CLIA requirements.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Sacred Heart is a faith-based health system offering rewarding healthcare careers to the caregivers of Southern Alabama and Northwest Florida communities. When you join our care teams, you join a vast network of hospitals, outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Sacred Heart is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work [