Medical Lab Scientist/Tech Shift Coordinator MLS/MLT
Expiry Date :
Sat, 15 May 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
The Clinical Laboratory Shift Coordinator coordinates and monitors the daily technical activities and staffing of personnel in the assigned shift and assures compliance with all policies, procedures, regulatory, and accreditation standards. Works in key areas of all clinical laboratory sections as needed. Performs highly complex and varied tasks requiring technical knowledge, its application to a variety of situations, and exercise of independent judgment. Embraces the Carle Experience by ensuring that all aspects are consistently practiced among all staff. Promotes employee engagement by helping to identify and implement employee engagement initiatives.
* Performs essential job functions of direct reports, in all clinical lab sections, in order to meet testing needs of the assigned shift. This may include on call and/or working variable shifts as assigned to meet department needs.
* Coordinates the day to day activities of the designated shift or section, including monitoring staff productivity and workload. Meets productivity levels as established by department benchmarking.
* Responsible for collaborating with otherleaders to develop staff scheduling, ensuring appropriate staffing levels are maintained as needed based on workload.
* Provides input to Manager regarding various personnel actions including but not limited to hiring and retaining talent, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and promotions.
* Monitor the Kronos timecards for shift personnel, entering exceptions and approving timecards as needed.
* Responsible for maintenance of equipment and workplace environment, recognizing malfunctions in equipment and facilities to report service needs in a timely manner.
* Establishes effective working relationships and maintain effective communications with all customers. Evaluates and resolves customer satisfaction issues in a timely manner. Create an environment that promotes customer service excellence.
* Ensures the performance of the staff in assigned area(s) to promote safe and effective operations.
* Conduct shift or section meetings at least monthly to ensure information is communicated.
* Resolve problems independently and facilitate solutions; confer with Manager and other Coordinators to resolve more complex situations.
* Is able to identify appropriate resources during non-business hours and utilize them as required in situations that are outside the routine scope of practice.
* Collaborates with coordinators and Supervisorsto enforce standardized departmental policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure quality care, efficiency, and compliance among all staff.
* Provides oversight of technical staff to ensure QA/QC procedures are followed.
* Assists with maintaining departmental and organizational accreditation standards.
* Develops and retains talent by offering stretch assignments, collaborating to create actionable development plans and encouraging learning from setbacks in order to promote competence and engagement.
* Collaborate with laboratory leaders to ensure the testing schedule is optimized for patient care, staffing levels and fiscal responsibility.
* Able to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
* Performs testing in some or all of the following sections of the clinical laboratory: Blood Bank, Hematology, Chemistry, and Microbiology, including specimen processing. Manual and automated equipment will be used to perform analytical tests including but not limited to: Manual WBC and body fluid differentials, manual body fluid cell counts, specimen dilutions, gram stains, molecular assays, and antibody identification and titers.
* Notifies appropriate staff members of any calibration or equipment failures which cannot be immediately resolved.
* Maintains laboratory supply inventory, notifying appropriate laboratory staff when supplies are below established par levels.
* Troubleshoots any values outside of acceptable ranges that cannot be resolved by technical staff.
* Recognizes test result or instrument function problems that require additional troubleshooting, performs troubleshooting as appropriate.