Medical Lab Technician
Expiry Date :
Fri, 05 Feb 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Perform clinical laboratory examinations, proficiency testing, quality control, professional consultation, instrument maintenance and validation, testing validation, and testing management.
* Associate in Science or Applied Science degree in Medical Laboratory Technology required.
* MLT (ASCP or ASCPI) certification required within 12 months of employment and maintained throughout.
* Perform waived, moderate, and highly complex analytic processes (for which competency has been validated) in each section of the laboratory (including limited Microbiology) with the supervision of a Medical Technologist. This includes the pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic phases of such testing.
* After proper instruction, must be able to operate any laboratory instrumentation and perform any required procedure.
* Calibrate laboratory instruments to ensure accuracy of test results.
* Perform periodic maintenance on laboratory equipment.
* Perform quality control procedures as specified in SOPs and maintain quality control records necessary for accrediting agencies and quality assurance indicators.
* Prepare, label and perform QC on lab reagents.
* Evaluate and resolve problems related to specimen collection, preparation and analysis.
* Utilize academic, technical, and clinical skills and knowledge to evaluate, troubleshoot, research, and resolve day-to-day problems that arise.
* Participate in or perform special projects as assigned by the laboratory manager.
* Enters and reports results in an accurate, timely, and confidential manner.
* Maintain accurate laboratory records.
* Perform internal and external proficiency testing.
* Maintain inventory levels and monitor supplies.
* Occasional clerical duties and phlebotomy duties may also be assigned as warranted.
* Performs other related work as required or requested.