Medical Lab Technician (MLT)- Night
Expiry Date :
Mon, 14 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We Are Hiring:
UP TO $10K SIGN ON BONUS! RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE!
TITLE: Medical Lab Technician (MLT)
CITY, STATE: Nashville, TN
LOCATION: St Thomas West Hospital
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:Full Time- Night
What You Will Do:
Perform routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens.
* Perform, validate, interpret, document and report test results under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.
* Conduct quality control and quality assurance testing.
* Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Maintain supplies needed for performance of tests.
* Assist with data collection and special projects.
* Understand and participate in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing: pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical.
* May collect and process specimens.
* Train and mentor non-technical staff and students.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* Licensed Medical Laboratory Technician credentialed from the Tennessee Medical Laboratory Board prior to hire or transfer date.
* Preferred Credential(s):
* Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
* Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB).
* Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB).
* Associates degree in medical technology, medical laboratory scientist, human sciences; or completed a military 50-60 week technician program and meets the minimum CLIA requirements; or education qualifications as stated per CLIA requirements.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work [