Medical Lab Technician or Medical Technologist | Community Hospital of Bremen
Beacon Health Systems
Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
– JOB SUMMARY
– Reports to the Laboratory Director/Laboratory Assistant Director, conducts routine laboratory tests used in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. All laboratory personnel who qualify for complex laboratory testing may be referred to as Technologists, Technicians or Techs in various laboratory documents. The duties/job descriptions for all designations are the same.
– MISSION & VISION
– Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
– Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
– Easy access and convenience
– Outstanding patient experiences
– Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
– JOB SPECIFICATIONS
– Education and Experience
– The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of an Associate’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited institution or (until September 1, 1997) have earned an academic high school diploma or equivalent. Must qualify as a general supervisor under CLIA Regulations and personnel must have documentation of training appropriate for the testing performed. Must be qualified to perform high complexity testing under 42CFR493 code of Federal Regulations.
– Knowledge & Skills
– Requires an in-depth knowledge of medical laboratory procedures and testing systems in order to perform laboratory tests, interpret test results, perform quality control checks and maintain instrumentation and skill in performing a full range of clinical laboratory tests.
– Must be able to be effective in a fast paced, quality focused, multi-priority environment that frequently deals with stressful situations and deadlines.
– Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) necessary to maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, other employees, and the public.
– Demonstrates proficient computer skills and knowledge of laboratory information systems and applications.
– Skills for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and calibration related to each test performed.
– A working knowledge of reagent stability and storage along with the necessary skills to implement to QC procedures in the laboratory.
– Awareness of factors that influence the test results and skills to access and verify the validity of test results by evaluation of quality control values prior to reporting patient results.
– Seeks guidance and remains knowledgeable of, and complies with, all applicable federal and state laws as well as regulations and hospital policies that apply to assigned duties.
– Complies with hospital expectations regarding ethical behavior and standards of conduct. Complies with federal and hospital requirements in the areas of protected health information and patient privacy.
– Attendance at one in-service each year to review hospital policies and procedures is mandatory or view staff orientation presentation on the intranet and turn in quiz to Human Resources.
– Working Conditions
– Possible exposure to communicable diseases, hazardous substances, medicinal preparations, chemicals and other conditions common to a hospital laboratory.
– Physical Demands
– Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to stand for long periods of time, walk short distances, and lift up to 25 pounds) to perform the essential functions of the position. Also requires visual acuity, normal color perception, and full range of body motion, including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
Jobs Rated Reports for Medical Laboratory Technician
– Least Stressful Jobs
– The 2018 Jobs Rated Report
– The Least Stressful Jobs of 2017
– Jobs Rated Report 2017