Medical Laboratory Scientist
Rapides Regional Medical Center
Expiry Date :
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Medical Lab Scientist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Rapides Regional Medical Center [ a facility that is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services_,_ HCA Healthcare. NOW OFFERING $10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS TO QUALIFIED CANDIDATES.
At Rapides Regional we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
* Student Loan Repayment
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Person Leave
* 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
How We Build Better Communities [
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Medical Lab Scientist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
MedicalLaboratory Scientist, also known as clinical laboratory technologists, perform and analyze the results of complex scientific tests on blood and bodily fluids. These highly trained professionals work in hospitals and independent laboratories using sophisticated procedures and equipment.
ABOUT THIS UNIT:
* Teamwork is the core of how we operate
* Engagement of Leadership Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused
* Dynamic Departmental Duties!
* Each individual, under general supervision, performs only those tests that are authorized by the laboratory director to provide data for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
* The testing may involve analyses of blood, urine, body fluids and any other materials of human or animal origin; performing blood group, type and compatibility tests for transfusion purposes; using automated or semi-automated instrumentation and/or manual methods; using a microscope for counts and morphology; analyzing test results and utilizing an information system.
* They may also train and supervise students and specialize in areas such as blood bank, chemistry, hematology, or microbiology.
* This position involves all age populations. This position reports to the departmental Technical Supervisor and/or Laboratory Administrative Director.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU WILL NEED:
* Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology, or a chemical, physical or biological science.
* Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners Clinical Laboratory Scientist License
* CPR for Healthcare Providers within 30 days of employment
* Completion of a NACCLS approved school of Medical Technology preferred
* National Certification as a MLS (ASCP), previously recognized as MT (ASCP) or CLS (NCA) preferred
RAPIDES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTERis an award-winning 350+ bed hospital and ER in Alexandria, Louisiana that offers a wide array of services ranging from Cancer Care to Wound Care, and our medical staff includes doctors in more than 30 medical specialties.
At Rapides Regional we believe that well-defined values are the key to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital, which directly impacts the well-being of your patients, their families, your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. We invite you to learn firsthand what our unwavering commitment to patient satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do for your career.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a _World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere_ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Lab Scientist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Companys recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.
_FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR JOB APPLICATION OR THIS SITE PLEASE CONTACT HCAHRANSWERS AT 1- OPTION 1._