Medical Technologist- Microbiology Day Shift
Mount Auburn Hospital
Expiry Date :
Sat, 19 Dec 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST- MICROBIOLOGY DAY SHIFT
MOUNT AUBURN HOSPITAL – CAMBRIDGE, MA
1. Performs the duties of a medical technologist for a specific area/section of the Laboratory or rotates in all sections/areas/shifts as needed.
2. Follows strict principles of asepsis and antisepsis in performing duties. Uses proper techniques and equipment.
3. Assures proper functioning, maintenance, and cleanliness of equipment and work area.
4. Performs tests and procedures as ordered, following outlines in procedure manuals.
5. Determines that specimens were collected, transported, labeled, and preserved according to procedures 100% of the time.
6. Records, reports, and posts test results/findings as required to meet established standards.
7. Performs quality control using established protocols.
8. Adheres to established hospital and department policies, procedures, and objectives. Complies with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
9. Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, logs, and files.
10. Attends in-services and meetings as required. Keeps up to date with new methods or improvements. Initials meeting notes indicating they have been read and understood.
11. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, conferences, and professional affiliations.
12. Troubleshoots methods, procedures, and instrumentation as needed according to departmental procedures.
13. Monitors and maintains adequate inventory for daily testing routine.
14. Performs other similar or related duties as required or as directed.
15. Participates in the evaluation of new techniques as required.
16. Operates computer for required applications.
17. Participates in the training of new technologists, medical students, and house officers.
1. Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, M.T. (A.S.C.P.), or equivalent.
2. One year of experience in a similar or related job setting is preferred. New graduates will be considered.