Medical Technologist (Molecular/Microbiology)
Stone Clinical Laboratories
Expiry Date :
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Stone Clinical Laboratories was created to encompass a wider variety of services, including Toxicology, Pharmacogenetics, Wellness Testing & moreall solutions designed to meet new challenges in the constantly changing and dynamic field of medicine. Powered by the latest research and technology, Stone Clinical Laboratories makes next-level testing and diagnostics accessible and convenient in order to improve patient outcomes.
The Molecular Technologist will work in coordination with Stone Clinical Laboratories leadership and in alignment with established Stone Clinical Laboratories strategies and policies to provide, maintain, control, and improve laboratory testing services. The Molecular Technologist is responsible for following the laboratory’s procedures for routine laboratory testing under general supervision. They shall conduct job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set forth by Stone Clinical Laboratories policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
Duties and responsibilities
* Perform specimen processing and routine/complex testing on specimens which requires knowledge and understanding of quality control, basic instrument maintenance, and procedure methodologies and reference ranges
* Maintain appropriate documentation of all activities as required
* Demonstrate good laboratory practice
* May coordinate the activities of the lab including specimen preparation for molecular
* Report and maintain record of patient test results through the laboratory information system accurately, meeting published turnaround times for routine testing. As needed, enter lab orders and patient information in LIS.
* Document patient test management problems/concerns on quality documents and initiate corrective action
* Operate all instrumentation in assigned areas to deliver precise, timely, and accurate laboratory results
* Monitor quality control performance and correct any problems and or reports any problems to the appropriate department
* Assess technical and or instrument problems, including quality control and abnormal findings, evaluate possible solutions and chooses an appropriate course of action to solve the problem
* Train new personnel in methods, procedures, and use of equipment and instruments specific to the assigned area
* Assist in writing SOPs
* Perform QC testing and recognize deviation from acceptable values. Follow established protocol for remedial action. Verify all assays are in control before releasing patient results
* Perform instrument maintenance and necessary calibration of instruments, and ensure calibration period is adequate to cover testing
* Participate in proficiency testing surveys
* Process send outs to the reference lab and verify the results are received
* Ensure that patient test results are not reported unless all criteria for test performance characteristics are acceptable
* Maintain inventory in a neat and acceptable manner
* Ensure all CAP, CLIA, OSHA, HIPAA, and any other appropriate regulatory standards are adhered to while performing related duties
* Participate in continuing education and in-service programs
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel
_The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job._
* May be exposed to noise, dirt, dust, fumes, loud noises and blood borne pathogens.
* Must be able to work under stress and in fast-paced environment.
* Emergent situations could extend working hours or require infrequent week-end work.
The qualifications for testing personnel are:
* Bachelors Degree in medical technology, biology, biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacology & toxicology, or related field from an accredited institution.
* Associates degree in laboratory science with 3 months training in each specialty in which high complexity testing is performed.
* Completed a nationally recognized (ASCP or equivalent) MT or MLT (or equivalent) certification examination, or eligible to sit for a nationally recognized certification examination
* Licensed as Clinical Laboratory Technologist or Technician in Louisiana
* Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, lifting, bending, reaching, pulling, and fingering, grasping, talking, hearing and seeing.
* Reasonable accommodation may be made to accommodate a qualified individual with a disability.