Mid Level Quality Engineer
New Orleans, Louisiana
Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Boeing, Defense, Space, & Security is seeking a Mid-Level Quality Engineer to support the Space and Launch team in New Orleans, Louisiana.
This position will be directly supporting the manufacturing and assembly of the Space Launch System Core Stage and Exploration Upper Stage. The Space Launch System is the next generation rocket that will be carrying humans back to the Moon and beyond to Mars.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Represents Quality function on team activities to integrate contractual and Boeing Quality Management System requirements into all aspects of proposals and program processes and documentation.
– Provides Quality interpretation of requirements.
– Develops quality metrics, design and production certification plans for small programs to ensure compliance with contractual, Company and regulatory requirements.
– Conducts capability assessments and process validations to support supplier selection activities.
– Participates in various reviews to ensure quality attributes are incorporated into product designs.
– Performs analysis, tests and process audits to ensure manufacturing and test readiness.
– Provides material review dispositions for non-conformances.
– Analyzes non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions. Recommends corrective actions to address non-conformances.
– Performs benchmarking and other forms of analysis to ensure specified processes capability levels are achieved.
– Works under general direction.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R.
120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
– Ability to travel up to 10%
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience)
3+ years of quality or related experience
Space program experience
Typical Education and Experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 1 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.