Mid Level Software Quality Engineer
North Salt Lake, Utah
Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking a Mid-Level Software Quality Engineer to support operations in Layton, Utah.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Defines and maintains program level software quality engineering processes, resources and infrastructure.
– Prepares and presents information at formal review meetings.
– Assists in development of proposals and cost estimates.
– Reviews, comments and approves software life cycle documents and program products.
– Plans and conducts audits of software engineering processes and associated support functions.
– Participates in configuration management activities.
– Reviews deviations and waivers to the software baseline.
– Improves products and processes and manages risk.
– Evaluates validity of test cases against established regulatory and performance requirements.
– Verifies test results.
– Performs final reconciliation of software data products.
– Provides input to program specific software quality requirements for flow down to suppliers.
– Verifies acceptability of supplier’s software quality systems and programs.
– Performs software acceptance and delivery activities for low risk procurements. Identifies non-conformances and issues corrective actions.
– Reviews and approves corrective and preventive action plans.
– Verifies effectiveness of corrective and preventive action plans.
– Works under general direction.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Chemistry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience)
– 3+ years of experience in a software related field
– Auditing experience
– Experience in software development and programming
Education and Experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.