Oligonucleotide Manufacturing and DNA Sequencing Laboratory Technician I
Eurofins USA Genomic Services
Expiry Date :
Fri, 16 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Eurofins MWG Operon LLC, a Eurofins Genomics company, is an international provider of DNA sequencing services, oligonucleotide production, and bioinformatics services for academic and industrial research. We are searching for candidates that show a passion for high quality and fast service with a focus on customer satisfaction. This opportunity will support the oligonucleotide manufacturing and DNA sequencing labs. The Laboratory Technician 1 will receive sufficient authority from and is accountable to their Laboratory Manager or Team Lead for the successful completion of assigned responsibilities. While performing their duties, this individual must not deviate from established company guidelines, is consistent with sound technical and business judgment, and follows the practices of the laboratory. Technician 1s are to carry out the duties of this position and to identify the occurrence of departures from the quality system or from lab procedures and/or calibrations.
* Works and communicates effectively with team members.
* Maintains consistent quality and efficiency in all assigned work processes.
* Keeps equipment and work environment clean and organized.
* Understands and follows documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., work instructions, checklists, batch records, logs.
* Maintains accurate production records according to requirements and in compliance with established quality system standards.
* Organizing, sorting and prioritizing DNA samples that come in daily.
* Pipetting DNA sequencing reactions.
* Performing DNA purification on sequencing reactions, loading and scheduling 3730xl ABI Sequencers.
* Will work with and under the supervision of a Lab Team Lead.
* Operating lab equipment: Thermocyclers, ABI 3730xl sequencers, centrifuges, automated liquid handlers.
* Follows all company safety and regulatory policies, including handling hazardous materials and wearing of PPE that are relative to assigned work.