Patent Attorney or Patent Agent: Chemistry
Christensen O’Connor Johnson Kindness PLLC
Expiry Date :
Tue, 20 Jul 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
COJK is seeking a patent associate or patent agent to join our firms Life Sciences Patent Practice Group at its office located in Seattle, WA. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, patent preparation and prosecution, patent licensing, and conducting due diligence. The position requires working closely with clients, inventors, and firm attorneys.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as an ability to develop and expand internal and external relationships. The candidate must excel in a team environment, as well as be a motivated self-starter who works well under pressure, with the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Requirements for associate include an advanced degree in organic chemistry, a J.D. from an accredited law school, 2-6 years of experience in drafting and prosecuting chemistry patent applications, a license to practice law in at least one state, preferably Washington, and admittance to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Candidates should have industry experience of at least two years in organic chemistry; patent experience in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus. Candidates must possess superior academic credentials.
Requirements for patent agent include a B.S. in organic chemistry, relevant work experience, a minimum of two years of patent law experience, and admittance to practice before the USPTO.
* Drafting patent applications and working with the USPTO to resolve patent examiner questions
* Patent licensing
* Assisting clients with patent infringement issues
* Providing support to the litigation department
* Advising clients on the use and protection of patents
* Assisting clients with identifying the nature of their intellectual property
* Monitoring existing and proposed patents
* Attending meetings and conducting conference calls with clients and contacts in the United States and overseas
* Dealing with general inquiries on patent protection
* Filing domestic and international patent applications
* Handling patent renewals
Education and Qualifications:
* Advanced degree in organic chemistry
* Attorney with J.D. degree from an accredited law school or patent agent
* Licensed to practice in at least one state, preferably Washington
* Admitted to practice before the USPTO
* Metro Pass