PCBA Quality Assurance Inspector
Tyvak, a Terran Orbital Corporation
Expiry Date :
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Quality Assurance Inspector for our Assembly, Integration, and Test (AI&T) team here at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As a Quality Assurance Inspector, the candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to visually inspect, test and build Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs) with IPC/WHMA-A-610 certification. Candidate must be familiar with PCB and avionics schematics and layout. Familiar with inspecting for board defects, component placement, and solder joint defects. Using magnification aids and stereo-microscopes, inspect populated printed circuit boards and identify component misplacement and solder defects to IPC-A-610 standards as well as review PCBA X-Rays for solder joint analysis. Common knowledge or experience operating an Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI) machine.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Follow detailed procedures to build complex PCBAs
* Perform receiving inspections, final inspection, troubleshooting and repairing, printed circuit boards & Avionics systems
* Perform rework on high density SMD PCBAs
* Perform quality-assurance receiving inspection on incoming PCBAs
* To detect defects such as shorts, excess or missing solder, BGA ball void analysis, surface scratches, cracks, DNP and placement of components
* Perform miscellaneous lab duties including kitting, inventory, cleaning and other organization tasks
* Ability to perform high-quality Solder rework of leadless QFN and LGA SMD devices and package
* geometries as small as 0201
* Ability to inspect to IPC Class I, II, and III as well as flex cable inspection
* Minimum 3 years experience in circuit board manufacturing
* Test continuity of circuit board circuits and avionics systems
* IPC-J-STD-001, IPC/WHMA-A-610, and IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certifications
* Experience running AOI machines (experience with Nordson Yestech a plus)
* Experience with X-ray review for BGA ball analysis
* Familiarity with running Nikon PCB X-Ray systems or similar. (VGSTUDIO experience a plus)
* General understanding of electronic components, electronics design, and manufacturing
* Ability to read & understand PCB assembly drawings, wire harness schematics
* Competency using calipers & micrometers to perform conformance inspection of mechanical structures
* Meticulous attention to detail & documentation
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to maintain a clean and orderly work space
* Per the requirement of certain Tyvak facilities, applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.