Personal Care Aide
Wesley Enhanced Living
Expiry Date :
Tue, 29 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
DO YOU ASPIRE TO ENHANCE THE LIVES OF OTHERS WHILE ENJOYING A POSITIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT?
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL)is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Livings values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Ideal candidates will be:
* Kind and Compassionate
* Honest and Trustworthy
* Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
* Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal.
DISCOVER THE ART OF LIVING AND WORKING WEL
The Personal Care Aide is responsiblefor day to day care of resident which includes activitiesof daily living, IADLS, light housekeeping, and abiding to Personal Care Regulations.
ThePersonal Care Aide essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Communicates courteously and effectively with residents
* Performs assignments of resident care as directed by supervisor
* Provides for activities of daily living (ADL) care which includes bathing dressing and grooming
* Transports residents to/from activities, meals, church services, hairdresser, etc.
* Responds to all call emergency bells
* Responds to all fire alarms following procedures
* Changes bed linen as needed
* Personal Laundry gathering, washing, folding and putting away clean clothes
* Encourages, engages and participates in therapeutic activity programs
* Maintains resident room and belongings in a neat and orderly fashion
* Empty waste basket daily and wash dishes in resident apartment
* Maintains confidentiality at all times
* Comprehends and practices approved asepsis and infection control procedures
* Maintains proper storage and handling of linen and supplies
* Respond to call bells
* Communicate with supervisors and peers
* Demonstrate competence in vital signs
* Demonstrate competency in the use of weight scales equipment
* Wear, utilize and maintain equipment in the appropriate manner
* Identifies safety and or maintenance concerns, i.e. broken equipment, fall risks, etc.
* Performs or provides for corrective measures, including removing residents from an unsafe area, calling in a maintenance request, removing a hazard, etc.
* Maintains resident safety at all times
* Comprehends and actively performs of fire drills and fire safety policies and procedures
* Demonstrates and practices knowledge of Residents Rights and ability to provide for and comply with Residents Rights
* Provides for orientation of newly admitted residents
* Demonstrates attentiveness to resident and/or family concerns and assist in directing them to the appropriate party
* Demonstrates/maintains a good working relationship with:
* Family Members
* Recognizes, accepts and respects people as individuals
* Courteous, polite behavior and interactions
* Deliver mail, assist residents with opening and reading, as requested
* Daily use of chart to chart report to communicate routine reporting to the PCA who is coming on duty
* Reporting to charge nurse immediately any medical emergency, behavioral changes, bruising or wounds, and certain time reporting which includes sugar levels, blood pressure.
* Reporting med errors
RELATED EXPERIENCE: One Year Experience as a Personal Care Aide preferred
EDUCATION OR DEGREE REQUIREMENT:High School Diploma or GED
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS: Med Tech Certification or must complete company-provided training within 60-days of hire
_OUR DOYLESTOWN LOCATION IS CLOSE TO PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION!_
A Drug-Free Workplace .Equal Opportunity Employer