Platform QA Engineer
Expiry Date :
Tue, 17 Aug 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
Who Are We:
Vivint Smart Home is the leading provider of smart home services in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24-7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than one million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is the largest tech employer in Utah, a certified Great Place to Work, and one of _Fast Company_s Worlds 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2017.
As a Platform Quality Assurance engineer at Vivint, you have experience in functional, performance, reliability, and system integration testing across a variety of platforms. You are passionate about releasing quality products and ensuring defect free deliveries. You run functional and regression tests to ensure new features meet requirements, create test plans and test cases, re-create customer specific issues, and meticulously document your results. You always strive for continual improvement and excel at working with cross-functional teams.
You work hard to play hard and take pride in delivering excellent work. You’re excited about working with a team focused on delivering a vision and enjoy collaborating with other engineers, product folk, and designers to create elegant products that deliver everyday value to consumers. At your core, you are self-driven to execute tasks and deliver quality products that customers love to use.
What you will be working on:
As a member of the Smart Home Ecosystem team, you will be responsible for testing in support of a broad set of smart products and experiences from Lights, Locks, Thermostats and Garage Door Controllers to Energy Management, vehicle integration, Google and Amazon voice integrations, and solutions that provide key product insights and support to our internal teams.
As an QA engineer in the Innovation Center, you will be expected to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, agile environment. Youll be able to participate in regular Innovation Weeks and work on innovative projects of your choice. Finally, youll be able to experience the cutting-edge technology and enhancements in your home with your own Vivint Smart Home System.
Who you will work with:
You will be part of a cross-functional team and interact with product management, program management, UX, and software engineers of various disciplines. The team is harmonized by shared goals and priorities. We succeed and fail together. You will find team members who are invested in one anothers success. We are helpful and supportive. You will also be a member of one or more guilds where you will have access to and engage with an extended group of peers beyond your immediate team that share your discipline. We work with some of the best minds youll find anywhere. You will have access to experts in your field as well as domain knowledge, spanning decades, that will support you in your role.
What youll do:
* Perform manual testing of backend applications and systems
* Perform manual testing of iOS and Android applications as need by the team
* Own new test plans and test execution for new product features
* Evaluate manual test cases for ability to be automated
* Troubleshoot system level problems
* Play an integral role in the agile software development lifecycle
What were looking for:
* Creative problem solving
* Passion for learning
* Open minded and positive attitude
* Resiliency the ability to adapt and contribute in a highly dynamic environment
* BA or BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
* 3+ years QA experience
* Experience with API testing / REST methods
* Understanding of operating systems
* Ability to debug system level issues
* Experienced with agile development methodologies
* Familiar with software testing principles
* Understanding of cloud computing and distributed systems
* Ability to make decisions and perform risk analysis to improve coverage based on risk and time
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Well organized, creative, and a focused self-starter who is capable of identifying problems, taking initiative to propose solutions, and successfully executing plans.
* Experience in Go or Python
* Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
* Your choice between Mac or PC
* Employee pricing on smart home products
* Casual dress code
* Onsite health clinic
* Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
What We Stand For:
Honesty and Integrity Come First
Do the right thing
Customer Obsession is Our Advantage
A relentless passion to serve the customer
Innovation is Essential
Todays innovation is tomorrows lifeblood
We Win Together
Individuals win games: teams win championships
Exceptional is Expected
Talk is cheap: create value, not just motion
We Give Back
Helping people is core to our DNA