Powertrain and Electrification Component Validation Engineer (CVE)
Expiry Date :
Mon, 16 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Theres never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision wont happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The CVE role in Powertrain and Electrification is an exciting opportunity to work on every aspect of powertrain. You will have opportunities to work on all sorts of things from cutting edge GM battery Ultium technology to electric motors/drive units to new engine technologies such as electric phasers and variable compression ratio to transmission gears, pumps, and valve bodies. All of our openings involve various levels of hands-on work in either Warren or Pontiac. You will own your work and be responsible for test plans and execution with accountability for all CVE deliverables. You will learn about accelerated testing, customer usage, reliability, and interface across the enterprise with supplier quality, product design, software/calibration, and testing laboratories.
– Update and maintain testing best practices in the component VCRIs, consulting the TIE, TS, DRE, and LVE for lessons learned
– Attend program review meetings to report out ADV plan status and timing, performance, and risk for DV/PV Program Timing Chart (PTC) dates
– Support the TIE, consulting the LVE and TS, to ensure validation plans test components to a high reliability while meeting program timing
– Participate in Product Management Team (PMT) meeting to discuss validation open items and review change requests, providing approval for ADV plans
– Support the PMT with resolving warranty items and work with the TIE/TS to update validation specifications with new early detection methods
– Attend supplier Product Development Team (PDT) meetings and lead validation discussion to develop ADVP & R and assess timing, performance, and risk for DV/PV activities performed by the supplier
– Review the Appendix C with the DRE/TS and update VCRI to ensure all specifications are covered by the ADV Plan
– Write Appendix G2 for sourcing package based on required validation
– Attend Purchasing-led Supplier Technical Reviews to ensure the supplier’s validation proposal meets the program timing
PLANNING: ADVP & R for CHANGES
– Review supplier change requests and running changes (design/process) to determine validation requirements
– Attend DFMEA/DRBFM reviews
– Approve Component Readiness Valve (CRV4)
EXECUTE DV/PV INTERNAL/SUPPLIER VALIDATION
– Create Performance Quality Management System (PQMS) request for GM internal component tests
– Review internal/supplier test fixture drawings and test setups to ensure the testing is representative of the application
– Review test plans and oversee execution to ensure validation is completed per the specifications
– Report out in ADV/PDT meetings regarding timing, performance, and risk for DV/PV activities and escalate issues as needed
– Schedule and conduct component/subsystem DRBTRs for internal tests; review supplier DRBTRs
– Support the Teardown Coordinators for system-level (TEDD, GED, DUDD, etc.) DRBTRs
– Review CTE end of test reports in GDM
– Review supplier end of test reports
– Review Problem Resolution and Tracking System (PRTSs) for internal validation and update report out for timing/performance/risk
– Work with DRE to ensure PRTSs written by CTE for internal failures are addressed in time to meet program timing, and support in root cause and solution investigation
– Create quality PRTS items to document failures of production intent validation parts at Suppliers, and support in root cause and solution investigation
CONFIRM: VALIDATION COMPLETED ON TIME, WITH EXCELLENCE
– Review GM3660 package from Supplier for completeness; Validation Completion Statement Letter, ADVP & R, and all test reports
– Support the Supplier and SQE in creating Supplier Quality Management System (SQMS) Action Plans for incomplete/ in-process validation activities
– Document validation completion in ECR
– Solid understanding of Design for Reliability principles (accelerated testing, DFMEA/DRBFM/DRBTR, Weibull analysis) as applied to powertrain and electrification components
– Evidence of prior experience developing innovative solutions to complex automotive testing problems
– Familiar with laboratory operations and test equipment including engine/transmission dynamometers, load frames, power supplies, electrodynamic shakers, environmental chambers, test site controllers, continuous monitoring, fixture design/fabrication, test equipment/setups, and laboratory accreditation standards.
– DFSS Black Belt certification
Education and/or Training
– Candidate must have one of the following engineering degrees: BSEE, BSCE (computer), or BSME
– MSEE, MSCE (computer), or MSME
– Previous automotive hardware ADV experience
– ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer
– High Voltage Level 2 certification
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.