Powertrain Supplier Quality Engineer
Technology Resource Group
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
– The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Advance/Current Supplier Quality functions.
– The Engineer will provide launch support by providing on-site support at suppliers’ facilities to ensure launch readiness as required leading up to and including program launch.
– Provide on-site support at client’s plants as required.
– Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing to ensure proper designs, suppliers, and manufacturing processes are selected.
– Drive change within both plant manufacturing and component suppliers to resolve component issues.
– Ensure component suppliers’ processes are robust and capable.
– Lead problem solving activities within internal and external organizations.
– Manage key component quality milestones.
– Develop and present program status updates and articulate open issues to senior leadership.
– Travel will be required to supplier and other client’s locations in the U.S. and Canada (approximately 40%).
– Positions are scheduled for short-term basis of 6 months or possibly longer based on justification of work load.
– Completed Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited university with 3-5 years commensurate experience in Supplier Quality Engineering, Quality, Production, or Manufacturing. Highly preferred experience with powertrain, engine, transmission systems or casting. Plastic injection or tooling commodities will be considered.
– Candidates must have proficient supplier engagement experience and communication.
– Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
– Effective written and verbal communication skills
– Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
– Proficient using Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite software
– Creative problem solving ability and a results orientation
– Comfortable with complex technical analysis
– May be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
– Will be required to travel internationally to Canada, as well as domestic travel at 40-60%
– Green Belt, Black Belt, or Quality Certification Master’s degree
Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
Quality Management Systems
Supplier Quality Engineer