Principal Applications Scientist – Mass Spectrometry
Expiry Date :
Fri, 18 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
The successful Principal Applications Scientist candidate will report to the Director of Applications and will work closely with other functions of the company, including business development, marketing, sale, and engineering. The Principal Applications Scientist is responsible for leading the development efforts of application-specific solution bundles, technical engagements with leading customers in the areas of mass spectrometry-based gas analysis and its vertical applications in semiconductor and industrial processing, contributing to product roadmaps, and supporting new product definition and introduction.
* Develop intricate operational knowledge of MS products under development.
* Provide hands-on experience with instrument calibration, validation, and performance testing.
* Develop new market-driven applications in concert with potential customers.
* Identify key application-specific requirements early in the customer engagements process.
* Develop application-specific MS solution bundles based on tailored HW and SW features
* Develop a support plan and an execution timeline for key customer engagements.
* Strengthen key customer relations through technical competence and relationship management skills.
* Deliver customer-facing presentations and conduct pre-sale product demonstrations.
* Develop and deliver HW/SW-related operational training sessions to customers.
* Acquire and analyze samples from prospective customers and provide sample analysis data reports to actively close sales opportunities.
* Contribute to and support definitions of next generation product roadmaps.
* Contribute to product development efforts by breaking down system specifications into component performance requirements and participate in the development review process.
* . degree with 6+ years work experience or Ph.D. with 2+ yrs. work experience in Physics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
* 5+ years hands-on experience with the development of mass-spectrometry based solutions for novel applications in process monitoring and control in semiconductor and industrial manufacturing.
* Deep technical understanding (HW & SW) of various Mass Spectrometry techniques and ionization processes
* Sound understanding of the new product introduction process, including the definition of new product requirements, prototypes evaluation, and ability to diagnose and debug systems level issues.
* Proven success in delivering customer-facing presentations and conducting pre-sale product demonstrations.
* Excellence in managing customer relationships and achieving high customer satisfaction.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Strong team-building personality and collaborative mindset
* Knowledge of control hardware e.g. PLC and software scripting using platforms e.g. Python and Lab-view is desirable.
* Up to 20% of travel time required.