Principal Data Scientist Eden Prairie, MN or Telecommute
United healthcare Group
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Expiry Date :
Sun, 08 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
* The Principal Data Scientist will play an analytical role researching, designing, implementing and deploying full-stack scalable machine learning solutions to support house call member engagements
* Develop intelligent solutions to drive increase in HouseCalls penetration rate by using unstructured data like voice and text
* Consolidate internal and external data to establish member journey line across different programs
* Establish analytic machine learning models to increase member outbound reach experience and NPS scores, implement the solutions into applications or operation
* Drive inbound scheduling through text mining in scripting and NLP
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Sciences, Information Management, Actuarial Science or a related technical field; MS or PhD strongly preferred
* Minimum 7 years’ experience in data analytics and machine learning modeling
* Minimum 7 years’ experience working with large databases to create meaningful, usable data structures to extract information out of application transactional data
* Minimum 7 years’ experience leading technical and non-technical resources in the area of Information Management, Data Strategy, Business Intelligence development, data mining and predictive analytics with machine learning/statistical modeling techniques
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in Python
* Proven thought leadership skills are essential
* Strong ability to communicate highly technical issues/results to a diverse audience both verbally and in written
* Experience working for a large enterprise with fragmented data sources, lack of documentation, unstructured requirements and ambiguity
* Experience working with business stakeholders and senior leaders in understanding data analytics and information needs, and executing on transformation of high-level, abstract data needs into meaningful data management solutions, information and analysis
* Experience understanding and managing business data and information, and the ability to correlate business processes to data
* Experience converting raw data into processed, actionable, insightful information is required
* Strong execution mentalityPreferred Qualifications:
* MS in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sciences, Information Management, Statistics, Actuarial Science or a related technical field
* Minimum 3 years of Speech Recognition modeling and/or NLP preferred
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in correlating business processes and front-end applications to back-end databases and systems
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we’re doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we’re building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we’re looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant – and built for speed.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: data analytics, machine learning, database, Python, strategy
* Requisition Number
* Job Title Principal Data Scientist – Eden Prairie, MN or Telecommute
* Job Family Analytics
* Business Segment OptumCare
Job Location Information
* Eden Prairie, MN
Additional Job Detail Information
* Employee Status Regular
* Schedule Full-time
* Job Level Director
* Shift Day Job
* Travel No
* Telecommuter Position Yes
* Overtime Status Exempt