Principal Data Scientist(Public Cloud Security)
Palo Alto Networks
Santa Clara, California
Expiry Date :
Sat, 06 Feb 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Are you passionate about using cutting edge data science techniques to help protect the world against cyberthreats? Join us and youll work with unique data sets to develop innovative security analytics for the public cloud . What makes this problem so challenging is the dynamic nature of the threat landscape.
You will bring strong knowledge of using a variety of Machine Learning and AI techniques to build and implement models, algorithms, and simulations. Your expertise and passion will keep us ahead of the newest cyberthreats. You will mine, interpret, and clean our data; and we will rely on you to stay curious, ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities that lie hidden. You will be part of the design and development of new groundbreaking solutions that will guide the next generation of cloud security solutions.
* Use analytical rigor and statistical methods, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to analyze large amounts of data, recognizing patterns, identifying opportunities, posing security questions, and making valuable discoveries
* Understand and analyze data sources including sampling biases, accuracy, and coverage
* Break apart problems scientifically, providing insight into your recommendations and findings to both technical and non-technical partners
* Research new ways for modeling and predictive behavior for large scale security projects
* Generate and test hypotheses, designing experiments to answer targeted questions of advanced complexity
* Collaborate with data engineers to identify data preparation, cleansing, and ETL pipelines
* Document projects including business objectives, data gathering and processes, leading approaches, final algorithm, and detailed set of results and analytical metrics
* Validate score performance