Principal Quality Engineer (Remote)
Expiry Date :
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
8901 – Corp Office West Crk – 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
ABOUT THIS JOB
Store Applications is a grouping of Value Streams that are responsible for all of the applications required to manage and execute the in-store experience for 200+ locations at CarMax. The in-store CarMax experience spans the entire customer journey; from customer inception to Sales to CarMax’s loyalty programs. These teams operate within the Agile Framework and deliver continuous value to each of the Value Streams. These teams will help drive the bottom-line sales of a growing Fortune 500 company. As part of these Value Streams, CarMax is looking for a Principal Quality Engineer to work directly with Agile development teams to ensure quality software is delivered to our associates and customers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Mentors at Organization level for test automation and leads the test automation effort
* Understands complex problems, develops solutions and can communicate to both people inside and outside of their team
* Creates test strategies for the QE organization and assists multiple teams
* Helps lead the BDD/ATDD effort for the QE organization to help move testing left
* Develops key quality metrics and reports to stakeholders in the organization
* Participates in the interview of new candidates
* Volunteers to assist on other teams even when beyond their role
* Actively looks for new tools and methods to increase automation productivity for company
* Suggests and instructs on testing infrastructure
* Builds testing infrastructure and required integrations for running a regression (understand process, components, requirements, etc.)
* Builds Project-level testing plans for integration and regression testing
* Writes detailed documentation on tools, process, decisions within QE
* Manages bug triage process, prioritize bugs, and assess criticality of outstanding issues
* Plans for large scale integration testing across multiple teams/platforms
* Participates in Agile ceremonies for multiple teams
* Establishes, reviews and enforces QE policies across the Technology Department
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Principal Quality Engineer is an essential role in the software development life cycle and ensures only properly tested software is released to production. A flawless customer experience is our top priority and this role plays a major part in that company goal. By designing a robust automation framework and working closely together with the entire product area, this goal is achievable. This position focuses on the QE organization and the large group of teams it supports and is considered a lead position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* 8+ years of experience in software quality assurance
* Expert in test automation using Cucumber & Selenium
* Strong oral/written communication, presentation, and organizational skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills for driving strategic initiatives through large and diverse organizations.
* Ability to work within multiple work streams at one time
* Required Experience with BDD/ATDD
* 4-year bachelors degree in Computer Science or IT related course of study preferred
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinkingaround the way cars are bought and soldhas helped us become the nations largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Ouramazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences.Along the way,we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and areone of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.