Principal Research Associate, Biology
South San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
About IDEAYA Biosciences:
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage oncology-focused precision medicine company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA recently announced a landmark strategic partnership with GSK in Synthetic Lethality for certain pipeline programs. The GSK partnership is transformative and enables IDEAYA and GSK to collectively build an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. For more information, please [
We are seeking a highly-motivated, well-organized and laboratory-focused senior or principal research associate that will pay a key role in designing and executing cell-based assays and developing new platforms to evaluate our proprietary compounds. The successful candidate will work in a multidisciplinary team and contribute to the generation of novel therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. Position level will commensurate with experience.
What youll do:
* Run high throughput cell-based assays to support compound screening efforts
* Maintain and culture multiple cancer cell lines
* Develop assays to support cellular and MOA studies using molecular biology methods such as qRT-PCR, Western blotting and ELISAs.
* Validate preclinical molecular data to support clinical biomarker assay development
* Design research experiments under general supervision and work independently to execute experiments
* Analyze and interpret scientific data under general supervision
* Present data and report on project status at individual, Biology group and departmental research meetings
* Maintain inventory of biology lab reagents and order general supplies
* Work and communicate effectively with different CROs on specific projects, interpret, validate and report data to the team.
d status. EOE/AA/Vets.
* BS/BA degree in molecular biology or related discipline and 2-5+ years of related experience or MS/MA degree in related discipline and 2-6 years of related experience
* Expertise in mammalian tissue culture and cell-based assays to evaluate viability, protein production (western blot, ELISA), gene expression analysis (qRT-PCR) and other functional/molecular biology assays. Flow cytometry, MSD and immunofluorescence is a plus.
* Prior experience in handling and processing mouse or human tissue is a plus.
* Experience in high-throughput compound screening is a plus
* Ability to develop, optimize and troubleshoot cell and molecular based experiments
* Efficient time management and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and timelines
* Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication with cross function team members
When you’re at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward.
Ideaya is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, Ideaya does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class.