Production Chemist I
San Diego, California
Expiry Date :
Sun, 08 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Job Description SummaryThe Production Chemist I supports the manufacture, analysis, and processing of polymers from raw material, intermediate, to finished goods inventory.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Perform a variety of polymer processing, purification, and characterization steps to support the production of commercial dyes.
– May perform synthesis of polymers using established procedures.
– Perform small scale reactions according to established standard processes.
– Support inventory management of raw materials, intermediate products, finished goods, analytical samples, and QA Retains through cycle counts, database management, etc.
– Documentation in lab notebooks, batch records, and basic databases.
– Promote a safe work environment. May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment. Participates in Environmental Health and Safety programs. Addresses corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified. Notifies supervisor of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices.
– Other responsibilities or projects as assigned by reporting manager.
EMPLOYER EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Successful candidate will possess a B.S. Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or Life Science, minimum of 1 year relevant industry experience preferred.
– Ability to follow standard operating procedures is essential
– Must possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task/adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
– Experience with operation of rotary evaporator preferred
– Familiarity with operation of routine laboratory instruments and applicable software
– Familiarity with glovebox, lyophilization
– Documentation in lab notebooks, batch records, and various databases
– Works well in a team-based environment
– Familiarity with guidelines such as good manufacturing processes and ISO standards
– Strong MS Office Knowledge, Intermediate to Advanced Excel usage preferred
Primary Work LocationUSA CA – San Diego (BDB)