Scotts Valley, California
Expiry Date :
Sun, 08 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
The Quality Assurance Associate is responsible for organizing and maintaining all Tradin Organic USA QA documentation including related data in Windows, SharePoint, and Axapta. Additionally, this position coordinates efforts with suppliers to ensure that the most current and accurate information is available for review by the Quality Assurance Managers and Traders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Performs all data maintenance and entry requests related to QA processes.
– Assists in the development and maintenance of product specifications.
– Completes and sends annual requirement documents to customers as requested.
– Provides customer service support in coordination with the logistic and Traders groups.
– Reviews documentation for completeness and interacts with suppliers and the QA managers to clarify data.
– Responsible for organizing, filing, and reviewing of COAs from vendors for all sourced ingredients.
– For new and potential suppliers: files and records food quality and safety information.
– For active suppliers: requests and maintain up-to-date food safety and quality information (audits, HACCP, etc.)
– Assists in the management and collection of documents for certifications (organic, Kosher, etc.) of active items.
– Works in concert with the QA Managers and QA Specialists for prompt resolutions of specific food safety or product quality issues with suppliers.
– Interfaces with third party warehouses regarding incoming product inspection, sampling, external laboratory testing and complaints investigation.
– Takes on advanced roles and responsibilities including special projects as assigned.
– Develops best methods and drives continuous improvement and efficiencies for the Tradin QA team.
– Adheres to company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
– All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Manufacturing environment experience preferred. Prior work experience in the food/agricultural industry is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
– Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills.
– Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
– Requires effective administrative and computer skills in MS Office Suite; experience with SharePoint and Axapta a plus.
– Demonstrated ability to solve problems, handle multiple tasks and establish priorities effectively and efficiently.
– Demonstrates strong critical thinking skills and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to all levels of management.
– Able to work independently with minimal supervision, and work effectively with all employees, customers and suppliers in a multi-cultural global environment.
– Must demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and embrace a culture of continuous change.
Travel Requirements: None
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Approximately; 95% of work is performed in an office environment. 5% of work may involve being in the agricultural or manufacturing environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
An Equal Opportunity Employer
US-CA-Scotts Valley Office – Tradin
Scotts Valley Office – Tradin (5194)
100 Enterprise Way
Suite B 101
Santa Cruz, 95066
Scotts Valley Office – Tradin
100 Enterprise Way
Suite B 101
Oct 7, 2020, 12:26:31 PM