IPEX Group of Companies
Asheville, North Carolina
Expiry Date :
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Silver-Line Plastics (SLP) is a manufacturer of the industrys highest quality plastic pipe, with a comprehensive product offering, featuring PVC, CPVC, PE and PEX, with state-of-the-art production facilities in Asheville, North Carolina; Lawton, Oklahoma; and Fort Pierce, Florida. Silver-Line is known as an industry leader, focusing on innovation, prompt delivery, and personalized service.
We currently have a great opportunity for a QA Checker who will ensure that the final product complies with the company’s quality standards which includes the reliability, usability and performance of the product. In general, these detail-oriented professionals are responsible for using tools to perform hourly checks to ensure quality standards are met and the equipment is running properly. This role is based in our Asheville NC plant.
A Quality Assurance Checker ensures that the final product complies with the company’s quality standards which includes the reliability, usability and performance of the product. In general, these detail-oriented professionals are responsible for the implementation of inspection activities, the detection and resolution of problems, and the delivery of satisfactory outcomes.
* Safety: maintain a safe work environment through training, adherence to policies and housekeeping.
* Meet department safety, quality, and productivity standards.
* Use a micrometer, pie tapes and ovality gauges to accurately check finished product
* Recording and reporting quality data
* Efficiency in performing the inspection and quality process
* Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry requirements
* Required to accurately perform responsibilities with limited supervision.
* Service and inspect tools to ensure accurate readings
* Minimum 18 years of age.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Certificates
* High school education, or equivalency is desired.
* Knowledge and experience with micrometers, pie tape and ovality gauges are a plus
* Pervious QA experience is desired
Technical Skills & Experience
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Teamworking skills
* Ability to work independently
* Organizational Skills
* Multitasking skills
Regular communication with shift personnel and QA Team.
* Employee may be exposed to a moderate level of hazards in the work environment, such as moving machinery, repetitive motion, excessive noise, powered industrial vehicle fork/reach/bucket lift/other.
* Regular work in a non-controlled temperature environment
* May on occasion be exposed to loud sounds and distracting noise levels.
* Employee may be required to perform a considerable level of specific task such as prolonged standing on concrete, muscular action, body movements, working positions and visual attentiveness.
* Employee will be required to wear protective eyewear, appropriate gloves, hearing protection, respiratory protection, safety shoes, and/or other.
* Employee may experience progressive degrees of factors in the work process which may cause mental tension or anxiety.
This is a night shift role 9pm to 9am on a rotating 36/48 schedule
* Weekly Pay
* Every other weekend off
* Set Schedule
* Overtime every other week
* Affordable Health Insurance
* Life Insurance
* 401K Company match up to 5%
* Bonus Opportunity
* Two 30- minute paid brakes