QA Tech I (Overnight)
Expiry Date :
Wed, 16 Dec 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Apply now [/talentcommunity/apply//?locale=en_US]
QA TECH I (OVERNIGHT)
SHIFT:NIGHTS 12 HOURS SHIFTS
*ROTATING 12-HOUR NIGHT SHIFTS, WHERE EVERY OTHER WEEKEND ISA 3-DAY WEEKEND!
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much youre willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
WHY JOIN US?
Ventura Foods offers career growth opportunities,on-the-job training, as well as a full suite of benefits beginning on your first day for eligible employees, including:
* Profit Sharing and 401k Matching (after eligibility criteria is met)
* Paid Vacation, Sick Time, and Holidays
* Employee Appreciation Events
* Medical & Prescription Coverage
* Dental & Vision Benefits
* Basic and Supplemental (AD&D) Insurance
* Short and Long-Term Disability
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
_Currently hiring for regular full-time employees to join our team. Ventura foods offers on-the-job-training, opportunities for overtime, a full suite of benefits (beginning on your first day), as well as employee appreciation events. _QA Techs arecritical to growing business success andhelping our customers delight their customers by making quality products. In this job, under general supervision, you will perform a variety of laboratory tests or other laboratory work to help provide top quality and safe products that meet customer requirements and specifications. Assist plant operations personnel with quality and processing matters.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Test, monitor, and document accurately the quality results and processing data for products produced
* Audit, verify and follow up process controls such as weight checks, batch sheets, HACCP, PCs, plant inspections, receiving, etc.
* Support process variations as they relate to formula adjustments to satisfy customer requirements
* Maintain a high and effective level of communication with all operating departments. Assist with training of QA Technician I personnel
* Operate, calibrate, and maintain lab equipment
* Assure that all sanitation and housekeeping practices are being followed according to expectations, and responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
* Understand and apply the functionality of the Unshippable Program
* Utilize AS400 and JDE computer system for necessary quality functions
* Maintain and complete files and documentation accurately and timely
* Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or equivalent experience
* 1-3 years of experience in a food manufacturing lab environment
* Food manufacturing lab environment experience in fats and oils preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Working knowledge and understanding of crystallizing and tempering process; ability to conduct Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) audits and post cleaning inspections
* Excellent math, problem solving, and organizational skills
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work with minimum supervision and be a self-starter
* Excellent teamwork and good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact well with others at all levels
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
NEAREST MAJOR MARKET: Harrisburg
JOB SEGMENT: Housekeeping, Food Safety, Mid-Range, QA, Quality Assurance, Hospitality, Quality, Technology
Apply now [/talentcommunity/apply//?locale=en_US]