QC Technician – Day Shift
Lambertville, New Jersey
Expiry Date :
Sat, 24 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Chroma Color Corporation, headquartered in McHenry, Illinois is built on the strength of market leaders (Breen, Carolina Color, Chroma, Hudson, Polymer Concentrates and Plastics Color Corporation) who have come together to form an exciting company creating unlimited potential to win in the marketplace. Chroma has 7 locations throughout the United States. We have a broad customer base with extensive product offerings and technologies. Many of our materials are used in products you might see every day for example if you washed your hair this morning, the shampoo bottle you used may have been made from one of our products. Or if you were working outside with lawn care equipment or a chain saw, one of our products may have helped you accomplish a task to help you maintain your home. More unique uses of our products can be seen in specialized applications where our products support our active military in the work they do to keep all of us safe. From routine daily-life to life-saving applicationswe make a difference. Our broad scope of products and services keeps our environment interesting and challenging with a culture focused on success.
If you want to make a difference in a fast-paced environment with a company large enough to offer you room to grow but not so large that you become just a number, Chroma might be the ideal company for you.
Wages starting at $17.00/hour and up, depending on experience.
* Perform the required quality control testing of product in process using the prescribed procedures and techniques.
* Based on the results of quality control testing, make any necessary formula adjustments in order to bring the product into specification. Document any adjustments on the batch ticket, and on QC card.
* Approve as finished goods any in-process products that meet specification. Sign off on the batch ticket and on the QC card.
* Calculate and document on the batch ticket the reworking of cms during a run.
* Notify production (Operator, Leadperson or Supervisor) immediately with the results of any in-process testing.
* Notify production immediately to stop a run if it cannot be brought into specification.
* Perform the required incoming quality control testing for incoming raw resin materials that are not on a COA approval basis.
* Based on the results of incoming quality control testing or the COA, approve for use any raw resin material that meets specification. Approval-stamp the bill of lading.
* Notify the Laboratory Manager immediately if:
* An incoming raw material is out of specification, or testing is concluded.
* An in-process product cannot be brought into specification.
* Perform the necessary color matching procedures in order to match customer samples/standards.
* Keep current and complete all documents, logs and files that are required in the standard operating procedures.
* Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the laboratory (team effort).
* Use the appropriate safety procedures and practices while performing laboratory functions.
* Initiate corrective action for any nonconformance that you feel is a shortcoming in our quality process.
* If appointed by the Laboratory Manager, fulfill specified functions that are normally the responsibility of the Laboratory Manager. This will occur during times when the Laboratory Manager is not available (i.e. vacations) to perform these functions. It is normally the more experienced technicians who are appointed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* High school diploma or GED.
* Ability to communicate, read and write in English.
* Inquisitive mind and strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to work with computers.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Strong work ethic.
* Good attendance record.
* Good communication skills.
* Excellent color aptitude.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities.
* Ability to follow directions.
* Ability to use lab analytical equipment and dryers.
* Experience in injection molding, blow molding, extrusion, and blending of various materials in color business is a plus.
* Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, reaching, climbing (various heights), handling, fingering, talking, hearing, visual acuity-near and far.
* Ability to lift and move up to 55 lbs.
* Must wear all Chroma required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
* Exposure to outside and inside conditions, noise, fumes, odors, dust.
We offer competitive pay, an incentive bonus plan and excellent benefit programs. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, company paid life and long-term and short-term disability programs, plus flexible spending accounts and a 401(k) with an employer match. In addition, we offer generous paid time off. Most benefits start on Day One!