Quality Associate – Clinical Laboratory
West Menlo Park, California
Expiry Date :
Sun, 16 May 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Do you want to help develop prenatal and oncology diagnostics that can affect the lives of millions of patients? BillionToOne (ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies) is currently seeking a quality associate to join our team. This person will support BillionToOnes quality system requirements and regulatory compliance. This role will be focused on providing support to CLIA Laboratory Operations.
This is a dynamic, start-up environment that requires adaptability and the ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts.
BillionToOne has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases the cell-free DNA diagnostics resolution by over 1,000 fold. We are the only technology platform that can detect single-gene disorders in an unborn baby from maternal blood and that can accurately quantify mutations in cancer patients for treatment monitoring. Our prenatal product, UNITY, is the only NIPT that accurately detects single-gene disorders such as cystic fibrosis and sickle cell in the baby from a blood test of the mother.
Our sample volume is growing extremely rapidly. Check out a simplified introduction to our technology and its potential to transform molecular diagnostics:
Who You Are:
* BS in a scientific discipline, preferably Life Sciences
* High degree of initiative and self-motivation
* 1-2 yrs. experience in a clinical laboratory setting
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships
* Ability to successfully balance and prioritize multiple ongoing projects/tasks in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
* Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems with minimal direction and escalate concerns to manager.
* Experience working in the quality department for a CAP/CLIA laboratory
Strong knowledge of applicable standards and regulations to ensure department / companys compliance with accreditation standards (CAP) and inspection regulations (FDA, CADPH, CMS, DOT, as applicable)
We offer highly competitive salary and benefits combined with a generous equity package. You will be working on interesting problems with extremely high-impact.