Quality Assurance Engineer
New York City, New York
Expiry Date :
Fri, 18 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
TUSHY: FOR PEOPLE WHO POOP
TUSHY’s #1 mission is to change the way you #2. We are cleaning butts and changing the bathroom game for all the Real Pooping Humans of the world. If you’re a Real Pooping Human looking to join a team of taboo-breaking, booty-spraying innovators and creatives working to bring antiquated bathroom habits into a healthier, cleaner, and more sustainable future, TUSHY is the place for you! The poo-sition is currently remote BUTT our testing site is based in San Diego, CA and our offices are in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY. We’re open to candidates local to either area. Once were vaxxed, waxed and washed with TUSHY, the poo-sibilities are rear-endless.
Hey there potential candidate! We at TUSHY are looking for an experienced product engineer who has worked with consumer products before and loves getting their hands dirty. We need someone who is a proactive leader looking to take charge of improving our products through engineering analysis, testing, quality inspection and design iteration. You will own the quality assurance initiative working alongside the product development and operations teams to make sure our products remain the best in the game. You will report directly to our Product Development Engineer who will provide support by advising you with best practices and the history of our products. You will not be micromanaged in this role and will have ownership to develop the role in a way you think will work best for the company.
Does this sound like the gig youve always dreamed of?? Are you ready for a challenge to take the reins and kick some a$$? You bet you are! Now apply below, but remember that culture is the flux capacitor to our time-traveling delorean (in other words, its a big deal) so be sure to show us your true colors! This role will start as a remote position with some travel required.
Now for the more technical stuff
* Own and compile monthly warranty reporting.
* Perform FMEAs and create remediation plans around defective components and work with the product design team to implement design improvements.
* Work with our factories to continue to implement process optimizations, testing procedures, and enforce quality standards.
* Work with the operations and product department to maintain and improve traceability protocols among critical product lines.
* Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including but not limited to: process improvement, stability studies, corrective actions, and re-validations.
* Perform first article inspections of products prior to launch and revision changes.
* Responsible for maintaining most current BOM , MSDS, testing results, and other necessary technical specifics for each product.
* Ensure continual compliance with applicable certifications and government-regulated standards including but not limited to ASME, ASSE, UPC, ISO, and ASTM.
* Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or other related engineering field preferred
* 3-5 years of dedicated experience working with consumer products, supervisory experience a plus
* Strong ability to communicate clearly and respectfully across multiple 3rd party suppliers and internal departments
* Ability to keep up-to-date documentation and well-organized file structures for easy access
* Experience with quality management programs/databases
* Not afraid to push third-parties to ensure processes are carried out properly and to the required standards and specifications
* Must have proficient CAD skills, SolidWorks preferred
* Committed to constant improvement and optimization to ensure TUSHY is producing the highest quality products possible.
* APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER, CUSTOMIZED FOR TUSHY, WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
* Love of poop-related jokes is a REQUIREMENT.
* Medical, dental, and vision
* 401K program
* Commuter benefits, including free NYC Citibike
* $500 annual personal development stipend
* Charitable donation matching program
* Paid time off and company holidays
* Be You, Boo: You offer a unique and valuable perspective.
* Be Menschy: A mensch does the right thing, and is someone to emulate.
* Think Hole-istically: See the hole ass picture.
* Own Your Sh*t: Be mindful and behindful; your actions affect the entire team.
* Push Bun-daries: Always be iterating, innovating and ideating.
Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter and a link to your portfolio if relevant. In your cover letter please include what CPG products you have worked on, what interests you about this role, what Tushy value you most resonate with and any additional info youd like to share.