Quality Assurance Engineering Leader
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Expiry Date :
Sun, 20 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
AtTrane Technologies [ Challenge Possible. Our brands includingTrane [ King [ – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge whats possible for a sustainable world.
BE A PART OF OUR MISSION! We are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. We work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
We are hiring a QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEERING LEADER to join our Commercial HVAC controls team who has the desire to continue to learn, grow, and drive forward quality standards across our products. This person will work in a highly collaborative, scaled agile culture.
This role will lead a team of QA Engineers responsible for the verification and validation of products to deliver the best experience to our customers. Provides direction to offshore teams, manages the staffing of programs and schedule adherence. Leads the automation effort of scaled Agile teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the team including recruiting new talent, mentoring team members, and promoting their careers. In addition, this role will be responsible for:
* Lead the QA team through test design, test case development and test execution of cloud-based software components and applications
* Foster a culture of continuous improvement for the globally dispersed QA team
* Encourage QA engineers to apply industry best practices and team standards
* Keep up with the latest trends in software development with a focus on quality assurance
* Recommend testing tools / frameworks and drive forward quality assurance best practices
* Make the entire team more productive and increase the quality of our products through your efforts
* Attract, develop, manage and retain top talent through mentoring, training, feedback and coaching to direct, indirect and cross-functional teams
* Work with the broader digital team to coordinate the test development work with the rest of the development organization
* Work with the extended Test Organization to align on methodology, tools, process, and metrics
* Create metrics and reports to communicate level of quality of our systems
* Bachelors Degree required. Engineering or Computer Science preferred
* 6+ years software development or QA development experience required
* Previous experience leading a QA/Test team is desired
* Previous experience working with offshore developments team is desired
* A strong balance of technical and leadership skills
* Good understanding of Software testing principles and process methodologies
* Good understanding of Version Control/Defect tracking tools
* Experience using UI/API automation tools.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD ALSO HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:
* Experience architecting test frameworks for test automation
* Building industry, facilities management, HVAC equipment, and/or BAS
* Experience working in multiple development methodologies (Waterfall, Iterative, Agile)
* Experience testing in Cloud / AWS environments
* Experience with large software development teams and multiple platforms including cloud, single application and mobile
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging whats possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.