Quality Assurance Manager
Leap Solutions Group, Inc.
Expiry Date :
Sun, 20 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
The Quality Assurance Manager will design and enforce procedures and methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities: The following reflects managements definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
* Responsible for leading efforts (including procedure development, audits, inspections, training, etc.) to maintain the highest food safety and quality standards required to successfully uphold the distinctive level of SQF, Organic and Kosher certification.
* Responsible for maintaining records of customer specifications and confirming finished product meets requirements.
* Collaborates with customer Quality personnel and compliance to standards.
* Assists in customer complaints/questions and assists with responses to customers.
* Assists in managing of HACCP and GMPs.
* Develops effective strategies to achieve corporate goals.
* Embraces and leads a continuous improvement culture that engages employees and a team environment.
* Participates in detailed incident investigations and root cause analysis.
* Manages microbiological testing of product (performed by outside lab).
* Conducts testing and analysis on raw materials used in manufacturing.
* Monitors quality of raw material and purchased products upon receipt according to Quality Control procedures.
* Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality.
* Assists in R & D in formulation of recipes, support all the R&D projects, and assist to check and follow up on results.
* Enforces quality standards for all products, ingredient statements, labeling and related materials.
* Responsible for performing and analyzing all QC/QA reporting.
* Instruct production employees about standards of quality through on-going training and working in conjunction with the Operations Manager and Production shift supervisors.
* Maintains QC lab in clean and tidy condition.
* Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to work well with all levels of personnel.
* Strong organizational, project management, problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Able to manage multiple priorities and workflow to achieve necessary results.
* Flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
* Good judgment and the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
* Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
* Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
* Excellent departmental and cross-functional facilitation, communication and leadership skills, including strong teamwork skills and the ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
* Strong focus on the importance of providing a high level of customer service, both internal and external, in support of departmental operations and Company goals and objectives.
* Possess HACCP/SQF/QA knowledge or other food safety program experience.
Education and/or Experience
* BS/BA degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field preferred.
* Minimum of 3-5 years experience in food manufacturing operations, quality control programs and supervision or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Highly proficient working knowledge of testing procedures and research and development theory and practices.
* Strong math skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
* HACCP and SQF Practitioner Certification preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have excellent computer skills and display proficiency in Microsoft Office environment including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
REASONING ABILITY The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and the ability to conduct analysis of raw materials for use in the production process.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to sit, stand, kneel and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a manufacturing and/or, production environment where there may be moving mechanical parts, vibration, access to toxic or caustic chemicals or airborne particulates.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, events and background equipment noise can be at a higher level.