Quality Assurance Nurse
Specialists On Call
Expiry Date :
Sat, 06 Feb 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
SOC Telemed (SOC) is the largest national provider of telemedicine technology and solutions to hospitals and health systems. SOCs technology platform, Telemed IQ, enables life-saving patient care through teleNeurology, telePsychiatry, and teleICU and empowers healthcare organizations to build telemedicine programs in any clinical specialty. SOC provides healthcare teams with industry-leading solutions that drive improved clinical care, patient outcomes, and organizational health. The company was the first provider of acute clinical telemedicine services to earn The Joint Commissions Gold Seal of Approval and has maintained that accreditation every year since inception.
Our vision: to connect patients to the highest quality clinicians at the right timeregardless of proximity.
Our mission: to systematically optimize how healthcare is delivered, partnering with healthcare organizations to bring clinicians and patients together. By providing the foundation for our partners telemedicine initiatives, SOC Telemed increases access to care, eases transitions between acute and post-acute care, and improves patient outcomes in a measurable way.
The Quality Assurance RN plans, implements and directs activities that support SOC’s quality and safety activities to ensure overall performance excellence in the maintenance of accreditation and licensure. Serves as the internal consultant and resource in continuous improvement the on-site survey coordinator, and as a liaison between the organization and its accreditation and regulatory bodies. The position tracks available industry and facility metrics, as well as internal and external outcome based measurements for the purpose of validating and improving the delivery of services. The position collaborates with facility leadership, key facility staff, and QAPI committees to develop and optimize care delivery systems and outcomes in the facility. The goal is to understand and improve clinical and financial indicators that lead to success in all quality, regulatory, compliance, reimbursement, and incentive systems.
Quality Assurance Nurse evaluates the quality of patient care. Monitors compliance with current laws, process improvements, and implementation of clinical best practices. Being a Quality Assurance Nurse reviews and analyzes patient outcomes, trends in quality and manages customer complaints.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Review medical records for identified payer populations as directed in order to assess their accuracy and completeness
* Ensures extensive interaction with telemedicine physicians to ensure the quality clinical documentation
* Facilitates improvement in the overall quality and completeness of medical record documentation through the query process along with formal and informal education
* Documents reviews in data warehouse systems to ensure accurate reporting
* Analyzes aggregated data to identify patterns and areas of focus the improvement of quality and patient safety.
* Participates in peer review activities
* Collaborates with other teams to improve or expand services
* Serves as liaison between clinical quality department, physicians, and client success teams regarding telemedicine applications, workflows, and opportunities.
* Strives for service excellence by seeking challenges and turning into opportunities.
* Formulates performance standards and monitors compliance to ensure quality services that improve customer service and satisfaction.
* Responds to 100% of client referred case reviews within 3 business days with an answer, solution or explanation
* Communicate with physicians regarding a client feedback request and initiates a peer review as needed
* Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing, and five or more years of quality assurance/ performance improvement experience in a hospital setting
* A master’s degree and is strongly preferred
* Active RN license
* Working knowledge of quality improvement methodologies and data management skills
* Excellent organizational skills required including ability to analyze data, manage time, prioritize, communicate effectively, and resolve problems
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to identify problems such as underutilization or overutilization of services
* Self-directed with positive attitude
* Ability to promote and maintain quality care through analysis
* Knowledge of statistical data analysis and principles of research
* Ability to train others effectively
* Ability to manage committee meetings including reports, agenda and minutes
* Ability to work in a consultative and advisory capacity to managers and senior management
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail and personal computers
* Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and show respect for privacy
* Ability to handle issues of confidentiality
* Creativity and flexibility in problem solving
* Competence in both oral and written English
* Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, client staff, and the general public
As part of its total compensation strategy, SOC Telemed provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits program is designed to provide you with the opportunity to select benefit options that best fit your lifestyle and personal choices.
* Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
* Health Savings Account
* Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care)
* Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability
* Employer Paid 1x Life and AD&D (Supplemental available)
* 401(k) & Roth 401(k)
* Paid Time Off
* Pregnancy and Parental Leave
* Military Leave Pay