quality assurance specialist Supply Chain Quality-Seattle, WA
Expiry Date :
Sun, 08 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
quality assurance specialist- Supply Chain Quality-Seattle, WA
US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by supporting implementation and execution of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance programs to ensure the availability of safe, wholesome, premium quality finished products for our customers. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
– Compiles and reports quality metrics on a periodic basis.
-Highlights trends and potential opportunities.
– Conducts product audits on new and existing items to measure compliance to requirements.
-Summarizes data, identifies concerns and provides feedback to key stakeholders.
– Maintains QA and Company product information databases and critical files
– Monitors Customer Complaint database and reports both immediate issues and longer term trends on a routine basis.
– Provides accurate product information to internal partners to respond to consumer, media and other external organization inquiries.
– Supports cross-functional project teams to ensure business initiatives and/or new market openings meet Quality, Product Safety and Regulatory Standards
– Supports investigation and troubleshooting of quality, food safety and/or regulatory issues arising from partners, customers, retail stores or regulators. -Supports implementation of corrective actions and procedure improvements to resolve issues
– Supports review and/or updating of company operating procedures, training programs, resource manuals, standards manuals and operational tools related to food safety, sanitation and regulatory compliance.
– Supports the documentation, implementation and updating of Quality Assurance operating procedures.
– Utilizes company standards and requirements, government regulations and guidelines to assure the timely availability and appropriateness of product information, samples, certifications and/or official documents needed to meet local market regulatory requirements and/or to support product claims/names in domestic and international markets.
– Utilizes department procedures to audit and qualify supplier and distributor QA programs to assure that quality, safety and regulatory compliance standards are met for ingredients, products and supplies.
Identifies compliance issues and works with suppliers and distributors to resolve – Utilizes department procedures to gather and review product information from suppliers worldwide. Assures accuracy, completeness and reasonableness of information. Follows up with suppliers to resolve problems.
– Food Safety Certification classes including safe food handling and sanitation 3 years
– Gathers, records and reports on operational and quality metrics 3 years
– Generates and organizes information required for exportation of products 3 years
– Manufacturer/Supplier quality system and product quality auditing 3 years
– Plans, develops, monitors and verifies Quality System programs and processes 3 years
– Retail foodservice inspections and regulatory enforcement 3 years
– Uses product formulas and product information to create required label information, including nutrition information
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Familiarity with food regulations including: Food and Drug Administration (FDA) (CPSC), food and non food product safety, product labeling or nutrition science
– Ability to multitask and to maintain attention to detail
– Ability to remain calm under pressure
– Ability to make progress when faced with ambiguous or unstructured situations
– Ability to apply sound technical principles and practices to problem solving
– Knowledge of food technology, food microbiology, safe food handling procedures and foodservice sanitation practices
– Knowledge of 2001/2005 FDA Food Code
– Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and HACCP principles
– Ability to conduct quality assurance system audits
– Ability to organize collection of data, analyze information and capture conclusions
– Good communication skills
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at or via email at