Quality Assurance Technician
Expiry Date :
Fri, 26 Mar 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Quality Assurance TechnicianThe QA Technician inspects component parts and incoming products for quality standard compliance and addresses quality problems related to production. Conducts dimensional evaluations of product to ensure dimensions meet blue print specifications. Is responsible to perform as a backup to incoming, outbound, and RGA inspection.
* Inspects new products and changes to existing products and conducts tests to assure compliance to requirements. Dimensions parts for compliance to blueprints and monitors, inspects and audits production parts and assemblies as required.
* Inspects stock as related to customer complaints. Identifies problems related to products, conducts and documents testing results as specified by the Quality Assurance Engineer to ensure specifications and requirements can be met.
* Documents and communicates with supply chain, production, and management on in-process and/or incoming rejections for corrective actions of return product or unacceptable parts and products.
* Conducts site audits of suppliers processes and production to assure they are in compliance (limited travel).
* Assists the Director of Quality, Quality Assurance Engineer, and/or the Engineering Department in communicating with vendors to resolve problems; conducts test runs and monitors and follows up with QA management on quality documentation and necessary corrective actions to ensure the purchase of quality products.
* Works with Quality Assurance Engineer on new product or changes to existing product evaluations.
* Conducts incoming material and product audits based on established specifications.
* Conducts audits for outgoing order accuracy on a weekly or monthly basis as needed under established policies and procedures.
* Selects products for tests at specified stages within the production process, tests products for a variety of qualities, such as dimensions and performance criteria and documents findings.
* Conducts cycle and performance tests on components parts and assemblies.
* Records test data, applying statistical process evaluation techniques where appropriate.
* Coordinates incoming documentation for returned goods due to customer complaints as required. Audits returned parts and recommends disposition based on specifications. Reports all rejections to Quality Assurance Engineer as required.
* Remains current on quality initiative programs and equipment.
* Performs dimensional evaluation (PPAP) on components and final assembly or new products and revisions to existing product and components.
Required Qualifications – Quality Assurance Technician
* Requires 1 to 2 years as a lead inspector, supplier source auditor, or new product test technician in a Quality Assurance/Control Department. A.A.S. degree in a quality-related discipline is preferred. The appropriate combination of education and work experience will be considered.
* Must possess intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel & Outlook)